A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Business Development Manager”.
||The Economist Intelligence Unit, Dubai|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Field)|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing high quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the businesses in more than two hundred countries.
We are seeking ambitious sales ‘game changers‘ to help us grow our footprint and client base across the MEA markets. You will be a current top performer, ready to take the next step in your career and join a global leader in its field, representing a truly unique brand. You will join us ready to unleash your impressive set of commercial skills to achieve business and personal success. You will have a deeply inquisitive mind, a well-honed consultative approach to selling and unquenchable thirst for success to sell our portfolio of macro-economic and political solutions to financial services, corporate, government, professional services and consulting sectors.
You will be a highly driven, self-starting and accomplished business development manager with excellent presentations skills, strong consultative sales ability and an excellent understanding of B2B subscription businesses. Your natural instinct to ‘hunt’ will be key to success in this role. We are looking for individuals who thrive in relentlessly pursuing sales success in a competitive and high profile environment.
In return we will offer you a variable compensation package which will truly reward you for the success you can achieve for our business.
How you will contribute:
- Qualify strategic selling opportunities and target markets/clients
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline by proactively driving activity via self-generated opportunities as well as by following up on marketing leads
- Develop, own and execute an ambitious new client acquisition plan in your territory
- Develop, manage and constantly improve on your personal lead generation through proactive networking via digital and face-to-face channels and events
- Take ownership of your territory as if it was your own business by constantly improving on activity and conversion
- Manage the entire sales cycle from prospecting through to closing opportunities
- Prepare regular sales reports including activity, pipeline, sales invoiced as well as monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
- Frequent travel across your territory
The ideal skills for this are:
- Experience in selling business intelligence to senior executives within either financial services, corporations, governments or academics
- Proven track record in generating new business, consistently beating target and performing in the top quartile of a team
- Be a true new business hunter that thrives on winning
- Exceptional networking skills – able to penetrate target organisations to drive the right engagement to win business
- A strong communicator with gravitas, able to sell consultatively and tailor converting solutions for prospects
- Proficient in relevant software/applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, CRM (preferably Salesforce), Sales Navigator, etc.
- Educated to degree level with excellent command of English – second languages a strong plus