A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, capable, efficient, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant competency, good knowledge, and relevant working experience for the position of “Manager Software Engineering”.
↓ ↓ APPLY NOW ↓ ↓
Job Requirements and Benefits:-
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree|
|Experience||4 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||22,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Part Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||100 – 500 Employees|
|Benefits||Medical Insurance | Performance-based Increments|
About the job
Emirates Airlines is hiring for one of the leadership role of Manager Software Engineering – Java (For UAE Nationals only) for its Dubai location.
Responsible for the technical design, development and maintenance of the assigned portfolio/products in Emirates Group. Contributes to and implements the strategic direction for software engineering that is fit for purpose and contributes to the success of the software delivery. Builds scaled agile release trains with autonomous teams in collaboration with lean agile centre for excellence. Fosters a culture of openness and continuous improvement based on lean agile principles. Drives adoption of application modularisation, micro-services, cloud technologies, built in quality and world class engineering practices in the solution domain. Transferred to accountabilities.
- Establish mission and purpose for software engineering managers and software engineers in the solution domain along with the right technologies, engineering practices and metrics relevant for software engineering solution domain.
- Accountable of the Software Development & Support function of the assigned portfolio/Products by, coaching, and mentoring teams of high performing software engineers, providing leadership and continuous feedback whilst facilitating professional development. Ensure that the software engineers understand the career path options that enables them to choose a technical or leadership path based on their potential and aspirations.
- Champion agile software development methodology by building capability and providing thought-leadership in software technologies, engineering practices and lean agile process improvement. Build programme level milestones and roadmaps through participation in Programme Increment Planning, System Demo and Solution Demos. Enable autonomous teams to deliver based on this high-level context.
- Build productive relationships with Architecture, Delivery, Product Management, DevOps, Quality Assurance and other stakeholders to enable collaboration at scale and effective resolution of any impediments encountered by the autonomous teams.
- Continuously reduce business and customer impact due to application issues by ensuring quality standards implementation, performing root cause analysis, publishing results. Developing future prevention plan for the solution domain with focus on proactive technology debt remediation.
- Lead and manage effective long-term relationships with software engineering suppliers. Ensure that solution providers work as extensions of our engineering teams. Drive adoption of global technology centres of excellence while adhering to scaled agile delivery framework.
- Provide software engineering resources to teams and release trains. Identify the right source to meet the current and future engineering demand. Establish the right mix between existing staff, permanent staff hiring, contract staff or resources through a strategic partner.
- Foster communities of practice that enable learning and sharing across software engineering teams in areas like web/full stack development, mobile applications, , micro-services engineering, , secure coding, ERP software, mainframe software and integration.
- Develop and grow the software engineering managers by setting goals and objectives, conducting performance reviews, coach, mentor engineering leadership, and build a high performing team of autonomous teams globally and support/engages in hiring, retention, training, team engagement events and activities.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft stack – C#, .NET,ASP.NET MVC SharePoint Framework and Azure fundamentals
- Experience of building complex, scalable and large software solutions in digital or enterprise domain. 5+ years of leading software development with 100+ software engineers in a large solution domain e.g. Mobile Applications, Web Applications, Omni Channel Service Platform, Systems Integration, Revenue Management, Loyalty, Reservations & Check-in, Cargo Management, Flight Operations, Crew Operations, Airport Operations, Aviation Engineering and Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Experience in software engineering at scale of transition from monolith to micro services – Hands on knowledge of software development and application support
- Strong experience in Scaled Agile methodology, with modern flexible working practices
- Thorough knowledge of the technology stacks used for business solutions.
- Ability to use professional concepts and company objectives to solve complex issues.
- Research industry innovations and best practices. Apply appropriately in the solution domain.
- Partnering with technical and business leaders across the organization to drive value from the technology solutions.
- Identify and remove waste in the software development lifecycle to improve flow, throughput and productivity.
- Managing technology suppliers for complex solution development, global centres of excellence and distributed scaled agile practices.
- Aware of front end development, full stack development methodologies and frameworks, Technology evaluation, vendor selection and technology vendor management.
- Implementation of contemporary engineering practices like lean software development, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Establishing and managing technology platforms for DevOps, Data Pipelines, Code Management, Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Contributed to open source community and has presented in leading industry forums on software engineering
- Strong understanding of system integration architecture and data modelling techniques.
Please share your resume on the below given details
↓ ↓ SHARE RESUME ↓ ↓