A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Accountant”. The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring the integrity of financial records by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. They analyze various transactions and prepare monthly quarterly or annual financial statements.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | ACCA | CMA|
|Experience||4 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||7,000 AED – 8,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Duties & Responsibilities
· Monthly accounting and reporting
· Process bank payments and prepare a cash forecast
· Perform bank and cash reconciliation, clearing reconciling items and assisting with process changes to reduce reconciliation issues
· Process journal entries and gather supporting documentation for all entities.
· Analyze and reconcile accounts related to all assigned entities on a monthly basis.
· Analyze account activity to identify corrections and reclassify based on the nature of the account.
· Assist in the preparation of monthly trial balance reports, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow reports.
· Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
· Preparation of accounts for yearly audit and assist auditors
· Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management.
· Assist / Review the work of Junior staff
· Communicate with clients any information required for the completion of accounting reports.
· Escalate matters requiring upper management assessment/decision.
· do checks on monthly VAT reports and prepare information related to VAT returns
· Work with CFO for month/year-end reporting and closing activities
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, Chief or Senior Accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like Oracle.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred