A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Chief Accountant”.
|Company Name||Al Khoory Hotels|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||12,000 AED – 15,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
I. JOB SUMMARY
To oversee the day to day operations of the department to ensure effective implementation of all accounting policies and procedures, to interpret financial results and provide the management with tools to help them make informed decision.
Has people management responsibilities and ensure continuous development of the team member to be able to deliver task on a timely manner.
II. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare and interpret the financial statements and reports of the hotel.
- To audit the accounts, records and transactions of the hotel, by ongoing efforts to streamline internal control procedures.
- To implement all necessary controls in order to safeguard the assets of the hotel and to maintain records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories.
- To assist together with the Hotel Manager all budgets and forecasts covering activities of the hotel and to maintain all budget control procedures.
- To understand Al Khoory Hotels tax obligation (Dubai Municipality, Dubai Tourism) using the assistance of locally appointed auditors of tax reports.
- To liaise with both internal and external auditors.
- To coordinate with Financial Controller and hotel insurance matters in conjunction with the locally appointed agent.
- To manage the staffing of the accounting department. Liaising closely with the Group HR for approvals.
- To maximize productivity and morale by setting goals, providing clear guidelines and by developing team spirit.
- Review and approve monthly payroll before it is submitted to Finance Controller.
- To oversee the administration of credit and collection procedures.
- To oversee that supporting accounting records of the hotel are complete as per the company’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the physical inventories of all supplies are being taken on a monthly basis and of all operating equipment on a quarterly basis.
- Keep on track on AMC schedule and inform department head on their renewals.
- Preparation of prepayments and accrual schedules.
- Performs and conducts performance evaluation of all the staff in the Finance Department.
III. JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Accountable to ensure that all terms and conditions of the management agreement are adhered to.
- Accountable for the monitoring and implementation of proper procedures and controls of purchasing, receiving, storing and requisitioning functions. i.e. materials managements functions.
- Accountable for the administration and control cash management on daily basis ensure cash is deposited in the banks the following day.
- Accountable for the implementation of local accounting procedures to ensure compliance with local government regulations.
- To keep and safeguarded all contracts (leases, insurance policies, licenses and all legal and financial documents).
- On time payments for all government related and supplier payments (depending on the credit period)
- Adherence to Al Khoory Hotels tax obligation (Dubai Municipality, Dubai Tourism).
- Preparation of monthly VAT Returns.
IV. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Preparation and submission of Financial Statements/Reports to the Corporate Office and Head Office within 05 working days of every month.
- Daily cash control management (deposited in the bank)
V. COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Heads of the Departments