A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Finance Business Partner-Luxury”.
|Company Name||Chalhoub Group|
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree | CFA | CPA|
|Experience||7 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||12,000 AED – 15,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Who We Are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What You’ll Be Doing
The job holder of this position is responsible for leading the Finance function of a defined Business Unit, analyzing risks and guiding the business, to assist in measurement, planning and forecasting of activities and implications on income statement and balance sheet. The job holder of this position will also be responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial planning, budget and control for the business unit.
- Develop trustworthy relationship with the Business Units to drive financial management and processes
- Support operations in preparing PandL projection, analysis of financial viability of new investments and budget follow-up
- Organize internal and external reporting; make constructive proposals and act as an internal consultancy to Managing Director, Business units’ Managers and Group Finance Manager to monitor the business
- Evaluate business proposals with complete analysis of economic impact on business
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions
- Assist in developing Financial Strategic Planning such as the 3-Y Plan
- Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow and stock position on regular basis to provide corrective actions if necessary
- Prepare variance analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management
- Follow up and control the capital expenditure budgets allocated to the business unit
- Monitor the cost structure of the companies’ business units and prepare business profitability analysis
- Arrange, observe and control the PandL, balance sheet and recommend action
- Provide Internal Control and ensure compliance with all Group Policies and Procedures
- Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products
- Prepare the Monthly Tableau de Bord (TDB)
- Revise the budgets and close follow up on: collections, payables, stock, sales and net margin. challenge assumption and propose revisions
- Drive month end closing by analyzing trial balances, researching general ledger activity and variances to budget and prior year
- Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
- Provide analytical support as required to various cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects (e.g. preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and PandL)
- Instigate and participate in all process improvement initiatives related to the Business Unit
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Finance
- At least 5 years of experience in similar role
- Coming from a luxury industry
- Finance degree from a well known university
- Finance qualification such as CFA, CPA etc
What We Can Offer You
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.