A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Operations Manager”.
||Majid Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Subject)|
|Experience||10 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||20,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The role of the Food and Beverage Manager is to execute and manage the F&B operations strategy and ensure standards and operations are implemented consistently across all regions. This role will ensure a seamless delivery of new concepts and/or products while maintaining and enhancing the customer experience.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities Planning, Support & Delivery
- Supports Majid Al Futtaim Leisure, Entertainment & Cinema business expansion and growth across the region.
- Manage new and existing food and beverage concepts and developments as well as identifying areas for development in terms of financial performance.
- Leads, coaches, mentors and manages staff to ensure goals are achieved and to drive superior business outcomes.
- Reviews the financial and non-financial brand performance reports to the Director of F&B.
- Recommends and leads training to ensure compliance standards and identifies areas for improvement.
- Prepares the concept budget and business plan and implement projects accordingly.
- Compares and analyzes on marketing competition and marketing segmentation to benchmark and review.
- Liaises with relevant departments to plan designs and organize events, promotions and marketing activities and marketing strategies.
- Leads new site openings across the region by liaising with key stakeholders to ensure a seamless delivery of new projects.
- Gathers requirements and submits information for premises’ budget, schedule expenditures, analyze financial reports and manage quality and cost control to attain set financial/operational objectives for all new concepts.
- Coordinates with the Head of Culinary Experience on the menu items/products selection in line with market demands and expectations.
- Compiles and implements service procedures and SOP’s along with assessment reviews as and when required.
- Builds strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Recruits, trains, motivates and evaluates team to ensure that the department has the necessary skill base and that teams are enabled to maximize their potential and contribution to the company.
- Participates in design planning and makes recommendations based on concept requirements and demographics.
- Ensures that all product displays, digital signage and food menus are designed and maintained to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation, thereby consistently assuring high quality.
- Defines all the required KPI’s critical to the operations and ensure that a mechanism is established to track, monitor and review F&B operations.
- Generates revenue through promotions and sales and ensure daily budget and cost control are monitored.
- Ensures effective up-selling, optimize opportunities for marketing the F&B concepts, control quality of merchandising displays, to provide ongoing guidance.
Compliance & Food Regulations
- Be fully acquainted with all statutory requirements regarding F&B operations in each of the territories.
- Evaluates food products and equipment to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Works closely with the internal HSE department to ensure all procedures and requirements are fulfilled on an ongoing basis to ensure food safety and accident prevention.
Definition of Success
- Minimizes food costs, exercise portion control for all items served and assist in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitor actual financial results; take corrective action, as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Ensures that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control. systems, including sales analysis, sales mix, menu and product costing.
- Looks at optimizing revenue through new pop-up concepts and merchandising opportunities.
Other Context (if Applicable)
- Extending reach to become regional/ international business relationship
- Flexibility to travel within the region.
- Performs any additional duties as and when required by the Line Manager and/or Head of Department.
- Financial Acumen
- Business Acumen
- Multi-site openings
- F&B service standards and practices
- Service Culture
Personal Characteristics And Required Background
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team player.
- Entrepreneurial thinking to oversee the implementation of each brand.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills, good time management, problem solving and delegation skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize, organize and meet deadlines.
- At least 10-12 years of experience in a high-volume, fast-paced restaurant environment, including at least 5+ years at a managerial level.
- Experience with multi-site openings across the region.
- Experience with running restaurant operations.
- Graduate in any discipline, Hospitality preferred.
- Person In Charge (PIC) 3, HACCP