A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Audit Associate”.
|Experience||4 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Our Sharjah office is looking for UAE National candidates looking to embark on a career in audit. Perhaps you’ve completed an accounting degree and completed an internship that has sparked your interest? Maybe you’re studying the ACCA or CPA and looking for a career to compliment it? If the below information interests you then we look forward to hearing from you!
Who is Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 60,000 people serving clients in more than 130 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.
We work with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies and financial institutions. Core industries served include financial services, hospitality, real estate and construction, technology, manufacturing and trading. We focus on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically – whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect, and responsibility (“CLEARR”) guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition to be the firm that makes a difference every day.
We provide companies with the guidance that they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include compliance, consulting services, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services, recovery and reorganization, tax preparation, and valuation, to name a few.
What is Audit?
Grant Thornton’s Audit practice provides our clients with valuable insight regarding managing risk and improving business performance. We assist our clients with improving their overall financial reporting processes. Our goal is to help our clients better understand their business by keeping them regularly informed about their financial progress and by discussing accounting, financial, and regulatory developments that may impact their business.
What is expected of an Audit Associate?
- Focus on having a foundation of technical knowledge, while completing a relevant professional qualification
- Understand how the business operates and focus on your role in delivering quality work
- Work closely with other Associates and Senior Associates to ensure you are clear on work objectives
- Review and audit business transaction cycles including cash, treasury, capital expenditures, and other income and expenses
- Research audit issues, utilizing electronic data bases, and review-tracking financial information utilizing audit related software
- Identify, assess, and inform senior staff members of audit related issues
- Collaboratively work with client team members while building rapport and strong client relationships
- UAE National candidates only please
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and skillset
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university
- Willingness to pursue any of the CPA/ICAP/ICAI/ICAEW/ACCA certifications
- Willingness and ability to travel when required