A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Electrical Maintenance Technician”.
||Nawah Energy Company|
|Qualification||Degree (Electrical Engineering)|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||8,000 AED – 10,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
To lead and perform electrical maintenance work on the Barakah Nuclear Power Plants.
Work involves conducting Periodic Testing, Preventative Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance and Surveillance Testing of safety and non-safety-related Structures, Systems and Components.
Technicians are required to read/review the maintenance task and associated documentation, conduct the maintenance activity in accordance with the procedure, troubleshoot and perform corrective actions as required, and update the equipment/maintenance record on the computerized maintenance management system.
Awareness of and adherence to the Nuclear Safety Standards, Quality Assurance Standards, Health, and Safety Standards and Environmental Protection Standards is essential.
Conducting Maintenance Activities
- Review and comprehend ‘work packages’ and the individual requirements of the maintenance activity/activities.
- Perform proper and timely preparation and staging of maintenance work activities including but not limited to the submission of procurement requests on the computerised system for equipment spare parts and special tools to ensure that maintenance activities are properly resourced.
- Sign-on to Work Clearances to authorize the work to commence on structure, system or component and to ensure that the work can be conducted safely.
- Lead/Attend and participate in Pre-Job Briefs to ensure that all requirements of the maintenance task are understood – including but not limited to high risk or high complexity activities, safety aspects (both nuclear and conventional), and parallel work activities.
- Conduct a range of maintenance activities to the highest standard and in full adherence to the maintenance and safety procedures and processes.
- Conduct system/equipment troubleshooting to identify system faults or defects and take the necessary corrective action(s) to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Lead/Attend Post-Job Reviews to ensure that any learning from the work activity is discussed and recorded so that the learning can be incorporated into the process or procedures.
- Utilize the Corrective Action Program (CAP) to record plant deficiencies and improve performance.
- Record the completion of maintenance activates and any relevant maintenance findings on the computerized maintenance management system.
- Support the production of Self Assessments to provide useful and self-critical improvement.
Safe Working and Behaviours
- Strictly adhere to the Nawah Health and Safety policies, processes, procedures and instructions during all aspects of work/employment to ensure that the highest standards of safety are maintained.
- Align and adhere behaviors to the Enterprise ‘LEAD AT SITE’ values of Lead, Enable, Align, Direction, Accountability, Teamwork, Safety, Integrity, Trust and Excellence.
‘Fix it Now’ (FIN) Team, On-Call and Emergency Response Organisation (ERO) Support
- As required (only a percentage of technicians will be required to perform these duties), support the operating plant by following the continuous shift working pattern as a FIN Team member to respond to out-of-hours breakdowns.
- As required (only a percentage of technicians will be required to perform these duties) support the On-Call Rota or the Emergency Response Organisation (ERO) by being available to respond to a breakdown or an event outside of normal working hours
Excellence and Quality Management
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem-solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback; and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals and LEAD AT SITE values.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- In possession of a “Technician” certificate or equivalent certification
- In possession of a “Technician” certificate (or equivalent) PLUS a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- 5 years of maintenance experience in the Nuclear sector.
- In addition, as a minimum technicians MUST have experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Operational high hazard processes.
- Regulatory required safety structures, systems or components.
- Radiological controlled areas
Basic Qualifications (Must have Most of the following)
- Electrical Worker
- Electrical Drawings
- Use of Electrical Hand Tools
- Perform Cable Connections and Termination
- Measuring and Test Equipment for Electrical
- Perform Bolting/Torqueing
- Maintain Lighting System (Plant, MCR, RSR)
Intermediate Qualifications (Must have MOST of the following)
- Maintain Inverters and UPS
- Maintain Regulating Transformers
- Maintain Battery Chargers
- Inspect Direct Current Ground Detector
- Maintain Lead-Acid Batteries
- Maintain Vacuum Circuit Breakers
- Maintain 480V load circuit breaker (LC)
- Maintain Medium Voltage Switchboards
- Maintain Reactor Trip Switchgear (RTSG)
- Maintain Motor Control Centers (MCC)
- Maintain Electrical Penetrations
- Maintain Pressurizer Heaters
- Maintain Pressurizer Heater Control Panel
- Maintain Medium Voltage Motors
- Maintain Emergency Diesel Generator
- Maintain Essential Chiller Motor
- Maintain Low Voltage AC Motor
- Maintain DC motors
- Maintain the control panel of the Motor Generator Set
- Maintain Generator of the motor generator set
- Maintain cooling system of the Isolated Phase Bus (IPB)
- Maintain Heat Trace System
- Maintain Cathodic Protection System
- Maintain MOV (Motor Operated Valve)
- Maintain Fuel Handling Area Monorail (Inspection)
- Maintain Underwater Lighting
- Maintain Equipment Hatch – Electrical Equipment
- Plant Electrical Breaker Operation
- Maintain Fire Detection System Alarm Circuit
- Maintain Automatic Voltage Regulator System
- Maintain Main Generator: On Line Shaft Voltage and Current Monitoring Brush
- Maintain Electrical Heaters
- Inspect Main Power Transformers (Main, SAT, UAT, Excitation)
- Maintain Transformer Tap Changer (On Load + Off Load)
- Maintain Personnel Airlock – Electrical Equipment
- Maintain High Tension (HT) SPV Cables and Connections
- Disassemble/Reassemble of Low Voltage AC Motors
- Disassemble/Reassemble of DC Voltage Motors
- Maintain Disconnecting/Earthing Switch
- Install Grounding Trucks and Cable
Specialty Qualifications (Must have a minimum of x2 from the following)
- Disassemble/Reassemble Components of Inverter/UPS
- Disassemble/Reassemble Components of Battery Charger
- Replace Lead-Acid Battery
- Commission new Lead-Acid Battery
- Maintain generator exciter and conduct performance test
- Overhaul Vacuum Circuit Breakers
- Overhaul Reactor Trip Switchgear Breaker (RTSG)
- Maintain Main AC Generator
- Maintain CT, PT, and neutral point transformer for Main Generator
- Maintain isolated-phase-bus (IPB)
- Replace Large Transformers (Main, UAT, SAT, Excitation)
- Maintain Protection Relays
- Overhaul Emergency Diesel Generator
- Maintain Fuel Handling Equipment
- Maintain Spent Fuel Handling Machine (SFHM)
- Maintain Fuel Handling Area Overhead Crane (FHAOC)
- Maintain New Fuel Elevator (NFE)
- Maintain Fuel Transfer System (FTS)
- Maintain Control Element Assembly Change Platform (CEACP)
- Maintain the Refueling Machine (RM)
- Maintain the Polar Crane (PC)
- Maintain the Stud Tensioner Machine
- Maintain Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS)
- Battery Performance Test
- Disassembly/Reassembly of MV Motors
- Disassembly and Assembly of Essential Chiller Motor