A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Junior Accountant-Accounts Receivable”.
|1 – 2 years of Relevant Experience Required
|4,500 AED – 5,500 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Select Group is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary corporation with real estate and property development at its core. Diversification is a critical component of our DNA, evidenced by a rapidly growing portfolio that includes property and other investments in leisure, hospitality, health, fitness, and digital technology. Since 2002, we have been blazing a trail to become one of the region’s most successful privately-owned companies with a combined global workforce of over 750 employees and investment interests across the UAE, Croatia, Germany, and the UK.
Having established a long list of successes in the property sector, our projects comprise award-winning residential, commercial, hospitality, retail, and mixed-use developments. Driven by the development division, we manage a portfolio boasting 20 million square feet of property, with a combined Gross Development Value (GDV) of over AED 17 billion. We are committed to identifying, executing, and delivering real estate projects that generate maximum returns through astute financial planning, technical expertise, and strong asset management. To date, we have completed 7,000 homes with a Built-Up Area (BUA) of 13.5 million square feet, worth a GDV of AED 11.5 billion. Another 3,750 homes, with a BUA of 6.5 million square feet, and a GDV of AED 6 billion, are currently underway.
Another key element of our international growth strategy has been expanding within the hospitality sector. Partnering with world-renowned brands, such as InterContinental, Radisson Blu, Jumeirah Group, Ibis, Meliá Hotels International, and most recently Novum Hospitality, our thriving hospitality division reinforces our continuous quest for quality.
At Select Group, we do not believe in passive investment. Taking a value-investing approach, our expertise in development, redevelopment, and regeneration enables us to be actively involved in the day-to-day control of assets, not only to grow our portfolio but to improve its performance. We work with the best in the industry, whether that’s suppliers, partners or employees, so that all of our stakeholders worldwide can be confident of unparalleled results.
We are looking for an JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT – ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE to join our team and perform below responsibilities:
- Process receipt vouchers for cash, cheque, and Telegraphic Transfer for assigned projects.
- Proper allocation of the receipt’s against due amounts.
- Post contra journal voucher for all receipts
- Check bank statement for assigned projects twice in a day to control the cheque/Cash deposited and received bank transfers
- To create invoice/charges for new sales in the system for assigned projects after getting Reservation forms from CS Team
- Responsible to accelerate assigned Steps in Workflows /Work Orders for assigned projects
- Filling of all supporting documents on shared folder for all receipt
- Initiate the queries with banks, CS team and Sales Team for un-identified receipts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of AR GLs and post necessary journal vouchers if needed.
- Work on bank reconciliation and post necessary adjustments.
- Update the LPP Settled units file and save the complete set in the shared folder.
- To complete month end/closing activities for preparing the AR related schedules and closing entries for assigned projects.
- Providing the receipts allocation to Trust Accounts of the assigned projects on monthly basis
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance related discipline from a recognised college/university
- Strong accounting skills and understanding of chart of accounts
- Good knowledge of treasury products and deposits in the banking market
- Excellent bank reconciliation and resolution of queries skills.
- Prior experience working in an ERP environment is required, Yardi experience preferred
- Proficient user of MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Core Skills and Personal Attributes:
- High degree of attention to detail & accuracy
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability
- Astute with a process orientated approach
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to independently think of solutions to problems
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop productive internal working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Willingly cooperates with others towards the same goals and objectives
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, pro-active & enthusiastic
- Flexible and positive attitude, good work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Able to work in a multicultural environment