A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Accountant”.
|Qualification||Masters Degree | ACCA | CPA | ICAEW | ACA|
|Experience||7 – 9 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||13,000 AED – 15,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
|Benefits||Medical Insurance | Performance-Based Bounces|
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure business transactions are reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Work closely with team members to assist with the month-end close.
- Assist with the annual audit process including the draft of the financial statements and related notes.
- Research and analyze expense variances for company management.
- Work with external BPO as well as an accounting team to attend UAE/GCC VAT and accounting requirements.
- Preparing and maintaining process documentation, for compliance and UAE/GCC requirements purpose.
- Manage less complex closing processes, preparing, documenting entries, and preparing related balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
- Perform and review Journal Entries: Overhead allocation, Fixed assets activities, depreciation, Payroll, T&E, and Commission’s accounting.
- Accruals, transfer pricing, inter-company.
- Responsible for timely project billable, milestones, and liaison with clients and clients billing teams.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Expense approvals and payments.
- Consolidation accounts, vendors, and customer records.
- Billing and Invoice collections including reminders and notifications.
- Perform and reconcile deferred commissions process.
- Assisting with the preparation of US Tax team requests.
- Reconciliation of accounts receivable, preparation of UAE VAT, ESR, and other regulatory requirements.
- Assist with time tracking staff hours and targets.
- Assist on Actuals variances analysis and explanation, (month over month, Quarter over Quarter, and Year over Year) for versus outlook for select areas of the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Answer promptly to questions from business partners and support businesses with ad-hoc analysis upon request.
- Maintain procedures as per SOX-defined controls.
- Assist the team on external and internal auditors preparing and providing required documentation and explanation.
- Assist the team with performance and validation with internal/external auditors of the Financial statements package.
Qualifications and Required Skills/Experience
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience.
- First-hand experience as an auditor in a big four and accountant in a multinational company. Experience with UAE and GCC will be desirable.
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP/NON-GAAP would be a plus.
- Results-oriented, team player, willing to work in a fast-growing and challenging environment.
- Hands-on, decisive, and fast worker.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Be a catalyst for change and able to respond quickly to various requests.
- Fluent English is spoken and writing is required.