A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Business Development Officer”.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|2 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required
|4,000 AED – 5,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|50 – 100 Employees
- To co-ordinate with the Business Development team and the wider Khidmah teams and clients to ensure competent and timely submissions of Expression of Interest EOI’s, Pre-qualification questionnaire PQQ’s, technical and commercial tender submissions, tender clarifications, Best and Final Offer BAFO’s and any associated documentation and client responses, in line with the Business Development Process and client requirements.
- To be the custodian of tender and contracts registers, and the Business Development files and documentation.
- To produce all required monthly and ad-hoc department reports.
- Minimum Diploma level education required, however bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, or any FM related discipline preferred.
- Certification in Information Communication technology (ICT) related subjects is preferable.
Experience and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office Suite to prepare professional documents.
- Time Management – Be able to manage one’s own time and the time of others to meet deadlines.
- Coordination – Have flexibility to adjust actions in response to changes in priorities
- Decision Making – Be aware of the impact of decisions on the team and be able to make decisions based on limited information
- Problem Solving – Being aware of and understanding the implications of new information for both current and future proposals
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Proactive – Seek out and identify important data that can be used in proposals or stored for use in future proposals.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Preferrable within facilities management or a related field as part of a BD or Bid Management team
- Experience in writing technical documentation, quality documentation, training manuals or similar materials within a corporate environment
Roles, Responsibilities, Duties
- Support the Business Development team by planning the production of bids for the organisation
- Ensure that team members follow the Business Development process and provide input in a timely manner to ensure a comprehensive and effective submission to the client
- Take bidding opportunities from expression of interest/pre-qualification through to the tender stage
- Liaise with clients by responding to requests for information, preparation of pre-qualification documents etc.
- Manage company’s account on different e-sourcing portals (such as Ariba Sourcing, Tejari, Oracle, etc.) for all tendered projects, coordinate leads and maintain clients master list.
- Coordinate & interact with other team members to understand the service requirements completely and convert to written submissions
- Co-ordinate the responses of individuals responsible for fulfilling parts of the Business Development process, particularly time based which are related to submission of tenders.
- Provide administration support for submission of tenders in physical copies.
- Liaise with other departments for communications related to tender submission, gathering of information and follow up on submissions.
- Actively network and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners to secure partners as required for tenders and proposals
- Maintain a schedule of all opportunities, bid proposals and contracts
- Continuously review upcoming contract renewals and communicate to the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the business is prepared to submit to renewal proposal to the client to maximise our opportunity to retain the contract.
- Working with the BD Manager, undertaking market research and identifying potential clients who may have a requirement for the company’s services.
- Maintain a client database and records for marketing purposes. Receiving and forwarding serious enquiries to concerned colleagues, following through to completion to ensure timescales are met.
- Following up client submissions to ascertain their status and keeping the tender register up to date.
- Prepare reports and spreadsheets to capture accurate financial data in relation to bidding activity.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Business Development team by highlighting areas that could benefit from a different approach.
- Ensuring that Business Development processes are followed & Contributing to the submission document and Contract Documentation
- Establish the electronic file structure, and set up pro-forma proposal-support templates, for each active proposal
- Manage writing elements for bids/proposals as delegated by the Bid Manager in accordance with the Business Development Process
- Compile the technical information from subject matter experts within the broader business in support of bid requirements
- Work with subject matter experts to word-smith technical information so that it is suitable for external clients.