A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Retail Operations Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||7 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||23,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50 – 100 Employees|
The BFL Group is one of the world’s leading off-price retailer of fashion and homeware. Based in United Arab Emirates, we serve over five markets across the Middle East and Europe.
Our journey started when our unique off-price business model – Brands for Less – was introduced to Lebanon in 1996. Four years later, in the year 2000, we had a home in the UAE.
Our goal is to delight customers and entice them back with the promise of exceptional pieces that excite – all at up to 80% off the original retail price for fashion designer brands.
Our unique “Treasure Hunt” model ensures there is always something new to explore, desire and discover within our stores. Our customers walk out with new items every time they visit any of our stores.
As Brands For Less, driven by optimized rapid-purchase strategies, became a phenomenon across the Middle East, we expanded to engage new audiences. We acquired exclusive rights to the Tchibo franchise in the MENA region, selling the German brand’s homeware and apparel at very competitive prices associated with premium customer care environment. Our UAE presence evolved into our central operational hub from where we distribute rapidly to other markets.
The Operations Manager is responsible to manage the store’s employees, including hiring, performance evaluation, scheduling and assigning duties and responsibilities by training, coaching and developing the team. He/ she is also accountable regular team meetings to communicate with the staff.
The primary job function is to manage and assume overall responsibility for the success of our stores in the region by directing all operational aspects of each store and driving sales whilst minimizing costs.
- Take full ownership of process from procedure for import of goods, shipping, warehousing, and local logistics.
- Propose Locations that are commercially profitable and in line with targeted business expansion goals and expectations.
- Project management, planning, supervising contractors during fit-out period and receiving hand-over of fitted out store.
- Lead in interviewing, recruiting and on-boarding staff for BFL KSA in accordance with the guidelines, policies and approvals provided from HR Dept, BFL HQ Dubai.
- Responsible for the complete P&L of the stores within the assigned territory.
- Ensure that store managers and their staff keep stores to the highest possible standards, being well organized and properly merchandised at all times; and that all policies, procedures, and controls are followed. This will also include stock control to ensure store shrink is within company guidelines so as to protect company property and assets.
- Ensure that the goals and expectations set for the territory by BFL HQ Dubai are achieved through regular direction, monitoring and adequate controls. This goes as far as overseeing the performance management of the entire store management team to achieve the desired KPI/ results in supporting the business.
- Perform the role of an effective conduit between BFL HQ, UAE and the Facilitation partner in KSA on all issues related to business and operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer service initiatives are in place, dealing with issues quickly and courteously, being well organized and schedule regular store visits to ensure compliance in all areas of customer service, store operations, and loss prevention.
- Train, challenge, motivate, encourage, and provide constructive guidance to store teams related to all areas of effective operations.
- Manage all day-to-day business facilitation jobs including but not limited to import and storage of stocks and supplies, store audits, stock counts as directed by BFL HQ, cash deposits and banking.
- Coordinate, support and assist with all BFL E-commerce related activities on the ground as required by Online Team at BFL HQ .
- Through an in-depth understanding of the market, ensure that BFL KSA maintains competitive awareness by continuously monitoring the competition and then reacting accordingly to maintain the business advantage.
- Proactively gather market intelligence and send in reports on a quarterly basis or as and when necessary to keep BFL HQ abreast with the latest market developments that could have a bearing on our day-to-day operations in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
- 7 years of experience plus in the same position.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management.
- Proven successful experience as a retail Store Manager.
- Powerful leading skills and business orientation.
- Customer management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.