A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Planning Engineer”.
|Binladin Contracting Group
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required
|4,500 AED – 5,500 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|50 – 100 Employees
The Planning Engineer determines and develops the most suitable and economically viable construction and engineering methods for projects. The Planning Engineer is involved throughout the development stages, and normally onsite during a construction project to oversee all stages of work procedures and provide solutions. It is the responsibility of the Planning Engineer to estimate a timescale for a project and to ensure that the outlined deadlines are met. The Planning Engineer works closely with project managers, site managers, other engineers and professionals to ensure the project runs on schedule and on budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a key role in pre-construction stage by developing project feasibility budgets, progress estimates, value engineering plans and resource forecast.
- Devise project execution plans by deciding on the proper engineering techniques and milestone sequences for each project stage.
- Prepare work program and target milestones for each phase based on a project plan and ensure it meets client’s specifications.
- Create estimations for timescales and costs involved.
- Monitor day-to-day work progress for a project and provide accurate weekly and monthly reports by swiftly communicating potential progress delays or project slippages.
- Track and analyze field results and continually making comparisons between planned progress and actual progress and report any differences to the project manager.
- Analyze expenses and identify opportunities to save cost by making sure projects are handled on time and on budget by overseeing the project planning, inventory, procurement, cost control, team leadership, and project management.
- Collaborate closely with other involved in a project such as project managers, site managers, surveyors, engineers, site workers and other professionals to ensure the project runs properly on schedule and on budget.
- Attend crucial meetings and provide current status updates to consultants, clients and other stakeholders.
- Manage overall project communications and delivery of schedules/work program to facilitate project execution strategy.
- Drive continuous improvement by working with leadership teams and identifying gaps in key performance areas and plan activities to increase overall project efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, architecture, construction management, or related field
- Certified Project Management Professional/Certified Professional Planning Engineer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in a construction industry.
- Excellent strategic planning and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of technical engineering principles and construction sequencing/work breakdown structure.
- Ability to interact effectively with cross-functional team members and external stakeholders at various levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated leadership and team skills; ability to provide clear direction and inspire excellent performance.
- Ability to anticipate consequences and trends, face challenges head-on, and quickly troubleshoot issues to find solutions.
- High level of mathematical and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills in MS Office, MS Project, Primavera and other relevant computer software packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Arabic knowledge is an advantage.