A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Internal Shari’ah Audit”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | ACA | CPA | ACCA|
|Experience||6 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||7,500 AED – 8,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
- Perform the Shari’a audit assignments/assigned duties efficiently and effectively based on the risk-based Shari’a Audit approach sketched by the line Management and in consultation with Team Leader.
- As Shari’a Auditor of High/Medium/Low-risk Shari’a audit assignments must assist the Team Leader in preparing a risk-based Shari’a audit plan for the assignments by:
- Developing an understanding of activities/processes carried out by the business.
- Developing the skills of defining the related areas of Shari’a risks and controls for all the activities/processes subject to Shari’a Audit
- Assisting the Team Leader in Drafting/revising/updating the Shari’a Audit Program based on Shari’a risk assessment that considers impact and likelihood. Understand any changes/additions to Shari’a audit programs are discussed and approved by Team Leader.
- They are assisting the Team leader in compiling and reviewing the Fatwa & Shari’a Supervisory Board resolutions. Also, ensure that the resolutions are incorporated into the related Shari’a audit program.
- Assisting the Team leader in preparing the checklist which will be used between the Shari’a Team Leader and members.
- Assisting the Team leader in preparing all formal letters related to Audit assignments.
- Assisting the Team leader in preparing and conducting a presentation to all concerned Shari’a audit members, Team Leader and line Management discussing the steps that have been implanted/will be implemented during the preparation and field work stages.
- Selecting the samples in consultation with the Team leader and according to the approved sampling methodologies.
- Arranging for and completing the working papers/assigned work in a timely manner according to the Line manager guidelines in this regard. In addition; hand over the working paper to the Team Leader\line manager in a timely manner without delays.
- Developing decision-making skills.
- Implement the guidelines on previous Shari’a audit exceptions correctly and discuss that repeated issues with the team leader.
- Draft all Sharia exceptions properly/promptly by utilizing the exceptions’ database and discussing the exceptions with the Team leader.
- Keep a constructive working relationship with Shari’a Audit clients in order to achieve the overall objectives.
- Improve working knowledge of all automated Shari’a auditing tools.
- Ensure that paper-based working papers and other Shari’a audit documents are adequately protected and secured throughout the assignment.
The head of the internal Shari’a audit division or section must:
a. be Muslim
b. have a university degree in Islamic Shari’a, or relevant specializations,
c. have a professional certificate in Shari’ah and Islamic Banking Audit from one of the organizations that support Islamic Finance like the Accounting and Auditing Organization for IFIs (AAOIFI) and the General Council for Islamic Banks And Financial Institutions (CIBAFI). It is also preferable to have a professional certificate in auditing issued by an international organization,
d. have an experience of 7 years (at least), as a minimum, in the field of Shari’ah audit,
e. not have been sentenced by a court in crimes related to honor or honesty, or sentenced by imprisonment