A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Head of Supply Chain”.
|MMI – Maritime and Mercantile International
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required
|25,000 AED – 30,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|50 – 100 Employees
The Head of Supply Chain plans, directs, and manages supply chain functions for all business units within MMI and ELR.
The position will also be responsible for all suppliers (Principals), systems, policies & procedures, and controls products’ import and export, and inventory management.
Responsible for integrating the needs of Sales, Marketing, Purchase, Logistics, and outside suppliers to execute the planning and replenishment process.
The role holder will also be expected to represent Supply Chain at relevant MMI and ELR Management forums and be able to step in for the MD as required.
Key Position Accountabilities
The job holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Manage the Forecasting Process, ensuring 12 months rolling forecast will be available on each Forecast users
- Monitor Forecast admin scheduling is as per plan
- Challenge Forecast developed through systems and operational team for reasonability and take appropriate action towards demand planning
- Define the Forecast measure and discuss with the sales channels on the required modifications to assist better forecasting techniques
- Monitor and evaluate customer demand patterns and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Define safety stock levels, EOQ, and Consolidation route and regularly review lead time, across the end-to-end supply chain to meet agreed on service level targets
- Establish & communicate inventory plans with all stakeholders
- Approved Purchase order in line with agreed spend
- Determine & measure the right import mix
- Ensure an effective and efficient two-way communication process exists with all members of the Customer team and other internal teams
- Carry out Option analysis & scenario building in developing the most effective inventory strategies for the region
- Identify potential inventory liabilities/issues and take appropriate actions, managing the impact throughout the business
- Demonstrate high-end knowledge of inventory planning techniques with experience in inventory optimisation processes and tools.
- Optimise inventory levels across the Distribution Centres’ supply network
- Apply expertise to specify system functionality; and utilise computer software programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) for data analysis and reporting
- Contribute pro-actively to continuous improvement activities within the department
- Responsible for managing the Planning and Administration resources
- To review current inventory level and advice back on obsolete stock, slow movers and out-of-stocks
- When potential stock issues arise, coordinate between stakeholders to ensure corrective actions are taken
- To provide forward visibility of stock levels thereby allowing the business to plan for change and identify potential service issues
- Compile, monitor, and analyse KPI’s including reporting for senior management
- Supervise Local Purchasing negotiations and contracts
- Organize and participate in monthly Sales & Operations meetings
- Actively participate in category management
- Provide the follow-up and coordination necessary to successfully carry out proposed launches and/or promotion through to the delivery of the products to our distribution centres while assessing and managing risks.
- To plan and finalise consolidation activities with the service provider
- Accountable for freight spending
- To identify and action improvements in current business processes, systems, and procedures within the Supply Chain, which improve the efficiency and utilisation of our current resources
- Stand in for General Manager as and when required
- Required on occasion to provide business review information
- Required to meet and present in meetings with major suppliers and key customers
- Challenge Suppliers on service level, through the lead time of product and availability
- Lead the meeting with the freight forwarder for continuous improvement on the service level
- Lead team meeting for the supply chain
- Develop people skills and set up the personal development plan
- Support the Director on the projects that require Supply Chain input.
- Min 5 years’ experience in a similar leadership role
- Supply Chain specialist with a good background, and understanding of Warehouse, Distribution, Sales, Marketing, and Retail in an international context
- Middle East and GCC exposure useful
- Graduate – Business Studies, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain degree
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must.
- Exposure to system-driven demand and supply planning
- Advanced Computer skills (MS office), PowerPoint presentation, and MS excel.
- Previous experience of FMCG, F&B, multichannel and multi product environments and products
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in charge of multicultural teams
- Process oriented with a systematic approach to issues.
- Team player who can earn respect and is comfortable working in results originated environment.
- Highly analytical & numerate, ability to interpret large amounts of information
- High caliber communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively communicate, influence, and challenge others both up and down and across the organization and develop/present clear and well-supported ideas