A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Principal Engineer”.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required
|8,000 AED – 10,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Job Requisition ID: 151727
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview Of The Role
The Principal Engineer is responsible for providing technical guidance to development teams and oversee the technical aspects of the delivery of the business solutions, aligned with Group IT strategy and defined architecture patterns and principles. The person will also be responsible and accountable for developing the overall solution design and securing the approval from the EIT governance for a and stakeholders.
The role provides overall guidance and oversight to multiple teams working on numerous products or developing various forms of technologies, within a business domain. The role will conduct strategic planning and will be recognised as the engineering authority within their domain.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for designing solutions that meet Functional and Non-Functional requirements whilst adhering to Architecture principles and Technology standards
- Designing, coding, and debugging software.
- Improving the performance of existing software.
- Providing training to other engineers.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software.
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Validates technical effort estimations.
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects.
- Responsible in coming up with innovative solutions to projects and issues that may arise
- Participates in RFI/RFP process and evaluates technical capabilities and commercial prudence of vendors/solutions to recommend right fit.
- Accountable for owning the design and creating the required documentation to submit to the Solution Design Approval Forum in to get design approval.
- Takes the lead in ensuring the Non-Functional requirements are captured and implemented correctly
- Must have a breadth of expertise across the various architecture domains: Business, Data, Application, Infrastructure and Security
- Maintain a broad and up to date skillset of the latest market trends, competitive insights, and technologies whilst sharing these within the technical community
- Provides advice on supplier and cost options, ensures that the validity of the overall solution is fully represented and considered in any RFI/RFPs process, or in the creation and evaluation of proof-of-concept solutions.
Required Skills To Be Successful
- Deep knowledge of the Flutter framework for mobile applications
- Proven experience in high-level programming languages
- Deep understanding and experience of Cloud Architecture covering IaaS, PaaS and SaaS based applications, ideally using Microsoft Azure.
- Experience designing cloud native applications using Containers and Serverless technologies following Microservice based architectures.
- Strong experience in the design and implementation of multiple integration patterns covering SOA and APIs.
- Understands the key considerations in Security, Resilience and High-Availability when designing new patterns for mission-critical applications.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman, including the development (and ensuring adherence to) of Architecture principles and standards
- Good leadership and teamwork skills with strong experience of working collaboratively in an agile environment using SCRUM, Kanban, etc to deliver new products and services.
- Breadth and Depth of Technical knowledge covering: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Mobile, Web, Cloud
About The Team
The role will report to the Chief Enterprise Architect and will be based in Dubai Festival City.
What Equips You For The Role
- Degree in Computer Science/IT/similar
- 10+ years of work experience in a software engineering related position
- Experience in a similar role with full autonomy
- Demonstrable experience in leading large projects
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.