A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Taxation Manager”.
||Majid Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CPA | CTA | CA|
|Experience||10 – 11 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The Tax Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Tax in all Tax operations including monitoring master data, monitoring transaction data, monitoring IT systems for tax compliance, adapting to tax automation, managing compliance, tax reporting and audits, dealing with tax authorities, providing consulting support to the business teams on matters relating to tax policies and procedures. The ideal candidate is experienced in retail business, tax and accounting and can support the accurate preparation and filing of our company’s Tax Returns, is a team player who executes the tax responsibilities with efficiency and accuracy, creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and business teams to identify and drive opportunities for process improvement and highlight and manage potential areas of risk. The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with the country tax laws through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor changes to tax regulation and support the Head of Tax to make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities Tax Laws
- Understand the implications of tax laws and advise on tax related issues to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Application and interpretation of the country’s tax code and their implementation
- Stay updated on Tax Laws and providing working knowledge to concerned stakeholders
- Understand the IT systems and process flows and documents of the company and the tax implications thereon.
- Provide support in order to minimize tax risks associated with business operations, contracts and all other areas of tax compliance.
- Facilitate resolution of tax audit exercises within the operating jurisdiction
Master Data & IT System Controls
- Continuous review & monitoring of Master Data & system controls affecting tax compliance
- Support & coordination with business, finance & IT teams to ensure Master Data & system controls affecting tax compliance
- Adapt and adopt tax automation
Record keeping and Reporting
- Conduct periodical audits and reviews as per the advice of the Tax Senior Manager and Head of Tax to ensure compliance with VAT & Excise Rules and Regulations of the country and any other taxes that may be made applicable in the future.
- Prepare and maintain documentation and records and reports relating to the company’s tax returns and other submissions in relation to queries, audits etc.
- Prepare and maintain reconciliations to support tax data in relation to the company’s financial and other records.
- Document and maintain working papers in relation to company’s process flows, tax advice etc.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Productive collaboration with the business teams to engage in matters of tax impacting the business and vice versa.
- Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work.
- Apply and follow MAF Retail’s Human Capital corporate policies and relevant procedures and instructions.
Definition of Success
- Managing tax risk by prevention of non-compliance and penalties through ensuring quality of master data and system controls, quality of documentation, audits and reviews of documents and reports
- Timelines of compliance
- Prevention of Tax Leakage
- Automation of Tax Processes
Other Context (if Applicable)
- Working knowledge in Indirect Tax Law & Commercial and business laws of the country
- Preferably knowledge of Retail business
- Sound knowledge of Finance & Accounting
- Knowledge of Master Data Management
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and ability to train and understand the IT and reporting systems to take out reports for tax related submissions.
Minimum Qualifications/educationPersonal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce / Economics / Finance
Preferred Experience In Dealing With Following Systems And Reports
- Experience in handling the following is preferred
- All financial, inventory & payroll reports in a business
- Tax reports & returns
- Providing tax support for different business area on booking.
- Knowledge of VAT, Excise & Other applicable tax laws in the UAE
- Understanding of all IT & Master Data controls in Tax compliance
- Excellent Finance & Accounting skills
- Excellent excel and analytical skills
- Ability to use ERP systems and reports for accounting, inventory, payroll, financial reporting and control etc.
- High attention to detail
- Effective communication skills and the ability to train self and others
- Time management and organizational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with targets & timelines and manage stress