A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Material Engineer-Piping”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 18,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs. This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: MATERIAL ENGINEER- PIPING Key Responsibilities
- Provide effective thorough life spares management aligned with system and equipment criticality ensuring equipment spare parts are stocked at optimized inventory levels such that disruption to normal operations is minimized.
- Identify stock items which are un-identified Engineering spares that are not attached to any equipment and ensure that they are attached to respective equipment.
- Check that Bill of material exists for all equipment, ensure identification, correctness and adequacy of the same and create a bill of material where not existing.
- Evaluate current cost of spares/yearly escalation v/s comparable equipment, including assisting in technical evaluation of spares from alternate manufacturers and replacement studies for cost effectiveness and spares availability.
- Ensure correct storage and preservation of procured spares by providing detailed recommendations and conducting periodic audits of storage facilities, conditions, preservation routines and the keeping of adequate records.
- Ensure the availability of critical spares for emergency replacement as per site requirement.
- Focal point for material criticality review in coordination Maintenance team.
- Review and check equipment, recommend deletion of spares where not required and initiate necessary corrective measures to avoid duplication of stock items resulting in cost control and reduction in inventory of spares.
- Review non-moving items, analyze cause of non-movement, and recommend / initiate appropriate action (such as retain / do not re-order, and mainly to delete and dispose-off including the possibly of suitable and beneficial use / application for non-moving / deleted items, prior to procurement of any spares) primarily for the purpose of Inventory reduction.
- Identify obsolete versions of spares continuing in stock and recommend scrapping and disposal of such spares.
- Focal point for part obsolescence review including OEM correspondence and follow up to ensure the correct replacement is available. Maintain part obsolescence register list within Maintenance Division.
- Check and evaluate the condition of refurbished stock items and advise on remaining life / usability
- Review the adequacy, correctness and amend to enhance Technical specification of Engineering spares
- Review the existing Technical Long Text (LT) of equipment, create missing Technical Long Text (LT) where required for equipment and initiate correction / amendment
- Review new stock proposal being raised or direct material order for spares to ensure that it is not an existing stock item and certifies non-availability in stock
- Check for frequent direct material order for any particular item, investigate the reason and examine the need to introduce the same as stock item and make recommendations
- Initiate and maintain a system for spare parts monitoring to identify groups of spares for review at regular intervals and investigate the causes of excessive consumption of any particular spare item and suggest remedial action
- Develop and manage metrics concerning spares selection, procurement, budget management, cataloguing, storage, preservation and future replenishment
- Should be well versed to interpret Mechanical/Electrical/Instrument Engineering Drawing
- Undertake various studies, review and report as assigned by Plant Maintenance.
- Safeguard own Health and Safety, as well as that of the fellow employees, by paying attention to safe work practices, maintaining a safe work environment and complying with applicable HSE requirements.
- Take action to INTERVENE and STOP any un-safe activity or non-compliance with HSE requirements, if witnessed, and report the incident
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Diploma/Degree/ Instrumentation/Electrical in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience as Material Engineer especially should have knowledge in Oil and Gas and associate equipment’s. Preferable having experience with Plant Maintenance.
- Expert in spare/material identification & interpret technical drawings.
- Good communication skills with OEM, Vendor and Suppliers.
- Knowledge in SAP or other equivalent CMMS systems.