A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Engineer-Piping”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||10 – 11 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 18,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs. This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ENGINEER – PIPING (OFFSHORE-LAYOUT)Key Responsibilities
- Carry out Piping engineering activities and participate in successful completion of proposals and / or projects within allocated Cost, Time and Resources.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and other discipline team of the project on day-to-day basis for successful execution of the work.
- Participate in meetings with Client, Approval Authorities, OEMs, Subcontractors, and vendors.
- Maintain routine communication with Value Engineering Centre offices for day to day design work.
- Participate in design reviews, workshops and take necessary close-out actions.
- Ensure compliance of design based on sound engineering practices, company standards, client contract requirements and based on international codes and standards.
- Issue engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s), coordinate for integration of data inputs.
- Ensure timely issuance of deliverables and timely completion of activities assigned.
- As Layout Engineer, understands Materials and Stress Analysis of piping systems. Working knowledge on these subjects is added advantage.
- Perform review of vendor drawings, documents, design calculations.
- Strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures and QMS guidelines, HSE policies and procedures. Participate in Internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures piping.
- Participate in preparation and implementation of standard design guides, specifications, datasheets and checklists as part of Department Developmental activities.
- Interface and provide clarification, guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers at yard and offshore.
- Work on Tendering activities and Value Engineering activities for Proposals.
- Work as Area Lead for Design activities and support Design team in providing design and layout solutions for the project.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of related Wind Energy, Oil & Gas, Petroleum / Petrochemical industry experience.
- Preferably from a working background in EPC Companies for offshore Oil & Gas, Wind Energy industries.
- Exposure to offshore fixed structures including Wind Substation Platforms (including HVAC, HVDC) is desired.
- Knowledge of working with European clients, European OEMs and exposure to European Safety and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge on relevant international codes & standards like EN, DNVGL, ANSI, ASME, API, MSS, BS, ISO, NACE.
- Possess coordination skills for activities in Layouts, Piping design, Materials & specifications, Stress & Supports, 3D environment and procurement activities.
Preferred Software Skills And Experience
- E3D, PDMS (exposure)
- Navisworks Simulate (Proficient)
- AutoCAD (Proficient)
- CEASARS-II (Basic)
- Office Tools (Proficient)