A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Principal Engineer-HSE Design”.
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters|
|Experience||12 – 13 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 17,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination. The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs. This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Principal Engineer – HSE Design
- Perform inhouse consequence modeling calculations, QRA modelling and review third party Technical Safety reports
- Responsible for delivering safety study reports such as FERA, CFD, EERA, QRA, RAM, SCE PS, ALARP, Dropped Object etc.
- Organize and participate in workshops such as HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, FMECA, RAM, SIL, PHSER, Bow-Tie, SCE PS, ALARP, SIMOPS
- Provide HSE inputs like spacing, building locations, PFP requirement, blast requirement, flare sterile distance, stack / vent height, F&G mapping etc.
- Prepare /review inquiry requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase requisitions for specialist studies
- Monitor the schedule and ensure the project deliverables completes within the allotted manhours and schedule
- Support the construction and commissioning field queries with justification note and calculations
- Participating in cross-functional and inter-office meetings to provide design inputs to Engineering team
- Coordinate with other disciplines, work center Engineers and ensure that the HSE requirements / study recommendations are implemented in the project design
- Produce calculations to support proposals
- Proactively identify and mitigate technical risks during proposal / project stage
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with 12+ years of technical safety study experience with Engineering Companies or Safety Consultants
- Safety Study (QRA, consequence modelling) Engineer with experience in FEED/ Detailed Design for oil, gas, refinery, petrochemical, chemicals industry
- Fully conversant with software PHAST/ FRED, SAFETI, Bow-Tie, Flaresim
- Good knowledge of international safety standards and practices
- Good presentation, training and communication skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong time management skills including ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English