A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Internal Audit Manager”.
||Oman Insurance Company|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||10 – 11 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||20,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The job holder will be responsible for;
- Develop and complete the Internal Audit plan as per Audit strategy agreed by the BOD Audit Committee, Executive/Senior Management and Head of Internal Audit
- Regular follow-up with the management to ensure audit action items are implemented as agreed in the audit report
- Support the reporting requirements on audit activities for the BOD Audit Committee and Senior Management.
- Provide advice to management, conduct internal investigations and any other ad-hoc work as requested by the management
- Draft and agree operational internal audit strategy with Head of Internal Audit.
- Draft and agree the Internal Audit plan with Head of Internal Audit.
- Responsibility in managing the output of all audit assignments, financial reviews, and any special projects/investigations
- Management of budget and 3rd party resources (Outsourcing Company for IT Audit) to meeting team and business objectives
- Management of the overseas Auditors & /external outsourcing arrangements put in place in overseas offices.
- Ensure audits are executed and managed to a high standard in line with the Internal Audit methodology and ensuring at all times to be an ambassador for the Internal Audit function
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in development of reports which present the audit findings and issues to senior management at risk management committee, business review and audit committee
- Plan and conduct successful data driven audits and data visualization
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and business partners to influence control strengthening and constantly challenge business unit management to succeed in strengthening controls, reducing losses and highlighting operational inefficiencies
- Facilitate/ Challenge any major project risk assessment and risk map sessions (as appropriate) and develop relationships with project management team whereby key projects are known and any risks associated are raised in an appropriate timeframe.
- Regular contact with Management Teams (to advise on risk and process improvements in existing ways of working.
- Providing added value to the business by identifying opportunities to improve and drive positive change in governance, risk management and internal controls and bring ‘outside in’ thinking to the business to understand how external factors can influence a better process and risk environment.
- Ability to stand in for Head of Internal Audit where required.
- Engage and inspire the team to work towards the Internal Audit vision and strategy of OIC, whilst upholding the values of the organization
- Drive operational excellence within the team and a relentless drive to identify and deliver improvement initiatives
- Manage team resource and availability against the challenging timelines for audit delivery
- Lead, motivate, and retain a team of high performing employees that is capable of delivering results
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to employee development and succession planning by ensuring employee performance and development discussions, team building and skill development occur regularly, and that plans are updated quarterly.
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Hands on, result oriented team player & lead.
- International mindset and ability to work effectively with team members and colleagues who come from various diverse /cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent audit report writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation .
- Strong analytical skills.
- Embrace rapid change and displays a high degree of flexibility.
- Good understanding of IT environments and related risks.
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the bigger picture
Education, Experience and Formal/Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor degree from recognized university.
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA) and/or auditing qualification (CIA,CISA).
- 10+years of post-qualified work experience, including a minimum of 5+ years managing within Internal Audit in the general & health insurance sector.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills with the ability to get things done
- Proactive and driven; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Ability to plan and organize with good attention to detail
- Ability to conduct detailed root-cause analysis, integrate multiple data sets, generate insights and provide innovative business solutions
- Professionalism, empathy, influencing, and interpersonal skills, combined with clear written /verbal communications ensures this role is eminently effective and successful
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Proven experience in using audit systems, data analytics applications such as Alteryx. IT audit knowledge will be an advantage.
Apply Now :[email protected]