||Abdulla Bin Otaiba Charter School Aldar Education|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | High School Certificate|
|Experience||2 – 3 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||3,000 AED – 3,500 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Aldar Education is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant, at Abdulla Bin Otaiba Charter School (ABO) in Abu Dhabi for the Academic year 2022 – 2023.
ABO follows the US Curriculum and is a large and thriving Charter School, with over 1500 students from KG1 to Grade 5.The ABO aim is to be a collaborative, student centered school, to constantly develop staff, to develop stakeholder voice and to keep evolving in our practice, so demonstrating a change agent attitude.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with our core values: Respect, Collaboration, Passion, Integrity and Excellence and our ethos, ‘Aspire, Believe, Achieve’
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
- Carries out reception duties at assigned office. Includes receiving people coming into the office of assigned supervisor, answering queries and scheduling appointments. Answers and makes telephone calls. Takes down and passes messages as directed.
- Takes dictation and transcribes material from shorthand.
- Types, proofreads and distributes a variety of material such as letters, cables, reports and tabulations. Includes entering, amending and retrieving information, and performing security copying and archiving of documents.
- Handles petty cash if required and ensures accountability and optimum level of cash availability.
- Files correspondence and other records related to the activities of the Division. Maintains and updates files. Establishes and improves own filing system. Requisitions, maintains and distributes office stationery and supplies.
- Compiles or coordinates the compilation of data, and prepares in the form of reports, analysis, tabulations, etc. Distributes data as instructed. Drafts letters/memos and routine correspondence for supervisor’s signature. Screens outgoing correspondence before approval.
- Arranges for meetings as instructed. Includes arranging conferences, visual aids and refreshments. May attend meetings to take minutes.
- Receives sorts and distributes all incoming mail. Makes copies as needed and presents to supervisor. Prepares outgoing mail for dispatch. Maintains a proper register for incoming/outgoing mail. Ensures direct delivery of confidential material/mail.
- Performs other similar or related duties as assigned, such as liaising with concerned personnel on all visa, travel and accommodation matters involving Divisional employees; circulating correspondence and periodicals as instructed; etc.
- Translates as necessary documentation into Arabic and into English as per line management/business requirements.
- Establishes and maintains accurate control of schools educational and administrative consumables.
- High School Certificate or bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in operating PC, Facsimile, Photocopier, Telex and various office machines, including working knowledge of prevailing popular application software and spreadsheets.
- Ability to type in English and take shorthand at the required Company rates.
- Good knowledge of Arabic and English.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Abdulla Bin Otaiba Charter School