A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Accountant”.
|Company Name||Elliott Group|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree| Masters Degree | ACCA | CMA | CA | CPA|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
We are hiring an organized Shared Service Centre (SSC) Senior Accountant to join our productive team at Elliott Group in Abu Dhabi.
Growing your career as a Full Time Shared Service Centre (SSC) Senior Accountant is a great opportunity to develop relevant skills.
If you are strong in cooperation, project management and have the right experience for the job, then apply for the position of Shared Service Centre (SSC) Senior Accountant at Elliott Group today!
An excellent opportunity has become available to join Elliott Group in our Abu Dhabi office as a Shared Service Centre (SSC) Senior Accountant. The purpose of this role is to Coordinate and record the detailed activities involved in the reporting of financial results. This position may also control the administration of computerized accounting systems.
The Purpose Includes But Is Not Limited To
- Day to day Control and management of the SSC daily activities including managing accountants in the local team when and as needed.
- Preparation and oversight of administration and commercial documents (customer invoicing, vendor payments)
- Effectively use the computerized accounting system.
- Prepare, Manage and control of financial/operational intra-group communications.
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Product line review and reporting to operations
- Maintain Compliance with internal control policy & practice.
- Responsible for Department training, appraisals and payroll approvals.
- Support the Business Unit Financial Analyst in preparation of a wide variety of financial and business analyses for financial and general management. Support must include assessments, observations, recommendations and summaries to assist management in taking appropriate actions and decision making.
- Direction, coordination and consolidation of actual results in line with defined monthly schedule and supporting the Financial Analyst in detailing the actual results.
The successful candidate will be meticulous, enthusiastic and demonstrates a “can do” attitude.
As a (SSC) Senior Accountant, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Working on Project accounting and supporting finance manager in the UK
- Supports the day to day running of the SSC accounting department(s) ensuring adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures, responsible for department training and appraisal.
- Assign and schedule responsibilities and objectives to subordinates, review progress, appraise performance, provide guidance and maintain time schedules.
- Ensure the accurate, consistent, and timely recording and reporting of financial data of the Business Unit in accordance with local and corporate required schedules.
- Ensure compliance of Business Unit accounting activities to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and Elliott Company Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the input of all source data into the computerized accounting system including the recognition of accruals and prepayments to ensure a proper month end cut off.
- Reconciling balances in the general ledger to ensure accuracy of data and to analyze accruals and reserves.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of control systems to safeguard Business Unit assets and to effectively monitor operations.
- Ensure Segregation of Responsibility & adherence to Work Instructions
- Ensure accurate backlog & financial support of the WIP / Production meetings
- Inform Finance Manager of all significant financial matters as they arise.
- Interpret and report information so that action may be taken to enhance operating results.
- Direct, train and encourage the growth of staff to achieve accounting and clerical functions necessary to the BU ( as needed ).
- Responsible of accurate and timely internal & customer billing
- Oversee month end closing
- Review & Approval of monthly account reconciliations
- Physical Inventory (Stock & WIP)
- Ensure weekly bookings, sales and backlog is updated and accurate.
- Ensure GAAP (US GAAP and IFRS) revenue recognition and accurate cost
- Review of the cash flow.
- Support Credit & Collections and recommend adequate reserves
- Review credit control through the Corporate Credit Department.
- Manage and maintain internal and external financial controls as per corporate policy, including adherence to JSOX.
- Undertake special assignments and projects as directed by the Accounting Manager and Finance Managers
As a (SSC) Senior Accountant, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance, and five years of experience in the accounting area, plus some knowledge of related finance activities.
- Experience in working in or for the European market
- Professional qualification ACCA, CMA, CA, CPA or similar
- Sufficient knowledge of US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Expert in the computerized systems used to support the organization’s accounting and finance operations.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, are essential.
- Expert knowledge of accounting principles and company procedures.
- Strong capability with computerized accounting systems.
- Thorough understanding of the company’s business and markets.
- Extensive knowledge of company’s business plans and financial goals.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Learning opportunities
- Opportunities to grow
- Competitive salary