A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Portfolio Manager”.
||Majid Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||10 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||20,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The purpose of this role is to execute the strategy and roadmap set for the portfolio management function part of Planning and Portfolio department of MAFTech.
The position includes ownership for ensuring MAFTech delivers digital transformation, governance and execution for all technology and digital asset demands under assigned portfolios of MAF OPCOs and Business Units including Global Solutions across different countries.
The Portfolio Manager works closely with the Portfolio Management Lead – meeting regularly and assisting with governance of MAFTech’s overall project portfolio. Ensures the PMO team provides highly effective program and project office services, including good practice guidance and standards, and effective assurance to support program and project teams successfully delivery to make it visible for all stakeholders within MAFTech.
Work closely with Business Owners, Business Partners and Delivery function leads for Demand pipeline prioritizing, assessment and value realization to business.
Works as Demand Manager closely with Program and Project managers oversee demand assessment, project initiation; perform project resource planning; continuous monitoring, risk assessment and reporting on project status.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support in the Global Solution transformation and organization change management of MAFTech.
- Support decision makers and sponsors in proposal development, goal alignment and portfolio optimization.
- Work closely with Business Partners for Demand pipeline prioritizing, assessment and value realization to business.
- Work with Business Partners and Delivery Leads to develop a short- and longer-term view of upcoming key deliverables.
- Ensure that portfolio components are aligned with strategic MAFTech objectives by providing a guide on how to select, balance, prioritize and terminate Demand’s.
- Ongoing management of the portfolio Demand’s progress and performance, considering changing circumstances and to ensure that resource, expenditure and delivery schedules remain optimized.
- Continuously monitor the progress of portfolio Demand’s and portfolio management processes, using various metrics and targets, such as net present value, return on investment, and internal rate of return.
- Ensure that portfolio management processes are done on time and provide appropriate recommendations or options for when there are discrepancies in portfolio management.
- Serve as a conduit between portfolio stakeholders and delivery managers and an important escalation point for program/ project managers working on the portfolio projects.
- Build trusted and effective relationships working with project managers to ensure they follow project phases, gate criteria and deliver on-time, on-budget, on benefit and on-quality (and intervening to resolve issues or risks as required)
- Track and report project statuses on a timely basis to IT leadership, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Develop strong working relationships with all MAF business stakeholders, MAFTech function teams and vendors.
- Work closely with Project Quality Analyst and PMO Analysts to ensure delivery of KPI metrics and delivery of governance as outlined by the MAFTech PMO.
- Work closely with Vendor Management and Financial lead and analyst to ensure the financial controls and processes are followed and required support for vendor evaluation and management is provided.
- Participate as a member of Demand Review Board meetings, assist in facilitating review of new Demands and introducing new assets into the assigned portfolio.
- Participate as member of Architecture Review Board; assist in facilitating review of solutions proposed for new Demands.
- Participate as member of Procurement Process (RFI/ RFP); assist in facilitating review of the new vendor’s functional and technical proposals.
- Establish and maintain an organization’s portfolio management’s framework, and body of policies and procedures.
- Support portfolio management processes by establishing and maintaining system and infrastructure for implementation and execution.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of legal and regulatory requirements, while supporting seniorlevel decision making, on top of portfolio management.
- Review all billable requests as they are received and oversee to ensure the agreed process is adhered.
Definition of Success
- Ensuring a smooth transition for all current demands and projects with minimal business disruption.
- Planning, dependency listing and prioritization for all demands and projects across the OPCO and BUs by maintaining our portfolio in line with MAFTech strategic objectives.
- Value realization of MAFTech achievements based on the objectives and KPIs set for the projects and demands MAFTech is delivering.
- Governing the projects quality assurance and control processes and setting the standards for delivering projects within the MAFTech Project Managers.
- Build trusted and effective relationships working with project managers to ensure they follow project phases, gate criteria and deliver on-time, on-budget, on benefit and on-quality (and intervening to resolve issues or risks as required).
- Ensures updated policy and process documentation, stored and distributed appropriately.
- Delivery of portfolio updates in line with the reporting requirements of the MAFTech governance.
- Set up effective reporting processes to ensure a clear understanding of the status of projects and any decision-making requirements.
- Feedback from internal stakeholders, observed behaviors and performance review discussions.
- Support Finance analyst prepare phased portfolio budget, demonstrating spend in line with MAFTech’s financial accounting periods.
- Management and, where necessary, recruitment of a portfolio team with the skills and experience required to deliver the portfolio.
- Experience with one or more project management methodologies (mainly PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2 and agile).
- Program management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of project planning tools.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the PMO vision, and inspire and motivate PMO staff.
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills (This is a highly visible position with substantial impact.)
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business, and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the PMO staff.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time.
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- 10 or more years of experience in IT and business/industry.
- 4 to 6 years of PMO leadership responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent required.
- Scrum Master Certification required.