A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Marketing Director”.
||dmg events, Dubai|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
About Us- dmg Events
dmg events is an international exhibitions and publishing company. We attract more than 425,000 visitors to our global portfolio of 80 exhibitions each year. Through our global events, our aim is simple. We want to accelerate business through face-to-face events, which is why we work so hard to bring people together, creating opportunities for them to network, learn and do business. dmg events is part of the Daily Mail Group Trust (DMGT). DMGT Manages a diverse, multinational portfolio of companies with total revenues of £2bn, that provide businesses and consumers with compelling information, analysis, insight, events, news and entertainment.
Based in Dubai, the Marketing Director is responsible for ensuring a world class level of marketing that adopts a mix of traditional and innovative tactics and strategies that will enhance the position of an oil and gas exhibition and conference that is new to our portfolio. The event will take place in India, in February 2023.
- Create, develop, and implement the overarching marketing strategy for the event deliverables across exhibitor, visitor, delegate and speaker acquisition process.
- Work closely with the VP/SVP on stakeholder management across the event, including the preparation and sharing of campaign verticals in monthly meetings with key government entities.
- Create and manage the marketing P&L for the event campaign cycle with direct reporting to the VP/SVP.
- Identify, cultivate, and manage 3rd party relationships across 100+ barters and industry associations.
- Work closely with the conference production team on the creation of all conference related collateral, paying close attention the timeline management and deliverables plus website updating.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director on strategy implementation, lead generation, agent management, sponsorship creation and delivery of all exhibition and sponsorship related collateral and ensuring regular updating of website content.
- Create and implement robust visitor campaigns with a focus on unique attendance growth and retention strategies.
- Identify the competitor landscape of events by industry and geo-spread and create/implement campaigns to counter and disrupt the identified events.
- Devise and implement comprehensive social media campaigns including but not limited to programmatic, geo-fencing, retargeting, social amplification, influencer marketing, SEO, display ad campaigns and paid banner campaigns that are content rich spanning the entire cycle of the event.
- Develop relationships with trade associations, media, regulators, and industry organizations to foster support for events.
- Work and collaborate with overseas offices in the development, sharing and implementation of best practice ideas and concepts.
- This event will consist of government stakeholders and building these relationships whilst we run the event.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years year’s demonstrable experience at management level in events and / or B2B
- Degree educated
- Detailed knowledge of marketing best practice with strong knowledge and understanding of social media marketing
- Experience of dealing with and managing key stakeholder relations
- Knowledge of mid to large scale B2B exhibitions and conferences
- Understanding of GDPR & data protection
- Experience of developing an online and digital strategy
- Experience of auditing existing procedures and introducing new procedures
- Appreciation of international cultures and foreign language
- Ability to network and liaise with senior people/trade bodies and associations
- Anticipation of market trends and proactive market involvement
- Communication – excellent written English and verbal communication skills, report writing, copywriting and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Time Management
- Detailed understanding of marketing principles
- Ability to be part of and manage teams
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work within a target driven market place
- Self-motivated / Innovative / Creative
- Good team working ethics
- Competitive analysis
- Lateral thinking
- People management skills
- Analytical skills
- Availability to travel
- Team player – Work closely with all departments across the business
We are an equal opportunities employer