A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “HR Director”.
||Independent Food Company|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | MBA|
|Experience||15 – 16 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||30,000 AED – 35,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
APPLY NOW – CHECK THE BELOW EMAIL TO APPLY FOR A JOB
Driven to create unique home-grown food concepts that bring people together, the Independent Food Company is a UAE-based hospitality company with multiple concepts under it’s umbrella – SALT, Switch, Parker’s, Candy, Grind, Somewhere and Public.
The HR Director will drive key Human Resources (HR) best practices and initiatives and provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the HR function, across all offices domestically and internationally. He/she will serve as a thought partner to the Managing Directors and COO, provide HR advisory services with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop Brand HR Strategy in line with business direction and initiate HR action items as per outlined in the HR Strategies.
• Monitor an effectiveness of implemented strategies and polices.
• Communicate HR Polices and HR strategies across organization to ensure an alignment with Corporate HR as well as the company’s direction. HR Business Partnership
• Develop and implement a human resources plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will service the full range of INDPT’s HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
• Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations. Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Senior Management Team, especially the COO and Managing Directors, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
• Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
• Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, diversity and inclusion. HR Functional Excellence
• Coach / Supervise HR Team to ensure efficient running of all day to day HRM operation with the objective of serving business needs.
• Improve internal HRM Process and people manual to achieve HR Functional Excellence Review, update and design organization structure to serve future business changes.
• Develop & update job descriptions / job specifications on a regular basis for all positions to ensure functional description of each department.
• Implement and maintain unit HR policies and procedures in related to recruitment, employee transferring, promotions, compensation & benefits, personal administration and employee relation. • Ensure on time completion of HR Report and Analysis. Budgeting and Planning
• Work closely with Operations Manager / Line Managers on conducting annual manpower planning in line with business direction and expansion.
• Provide Finance Director with the annual budget information related to employee relation, recruitment, manpower, wage, salary and total remuneration.
• Monitor an updated labor market trend to be compiled into the company budget and eventually the company’s business plan. Recruitment / Talent Acquisition
• In charge of recruitment management system, interviewing process and policies.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition Manager on an interviewing and sourcing process to fill the right candidates in time.
• Responsible for maintaining as active source of talent and potential employees.
• Work with Senior Management Team to ensure sufficient supply of manpower to the store and outlets.
• Ensure effectiveness of on boarding program for new comers and internal promotion.
• Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to recruiting and assimilating high-potential talent throughout the world. Advise on people programs and processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession. Partner with Finance in overseeing departmental budget and headcount. Performance Management / Succession Planning
• Primary lead to drive culture and Operational Excellent in the business unit.
• Responsible for overall managing of performance management system Plan, implement, monitors performance appraisal process and support department / line manager to manage any employee’s performance related matters.
• Ensure completion of succession list, initiate verification and connection for the potential candidate pipeline.
•Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by refining or creating: compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of INDPT.
• Liaise with L&D Manager and team on the identifying of training needs analysis and further development programs. Culture and Development
• Develop relationships with the employees of INDPT and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues. Facilitate integration of diverse workgroups, cultures, and newly acquired assets.
• Counsel, coach and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
• Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization.
• Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management.
• Role model INDPT’s core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all members of the INDPT community.
Staff Retention / Employee Engagement
• Ensure exit interview conducted for all employees and key positions.
• Develop and implement strategies to minimize staff turnover and workout the methods or preventive action plan to improve engagement index and employee’s satisfaction.
• Be a champion of Employee Engagement Program, Internal HR communication and other employee relationship activities to ensure high employee engagement index across organization.
• Manage communication efforts to educate employees on company values, code of conduct and appropriate working behaviors in the organization to achieve zero labor case issues and employee grievance. Compensation and Benefits
• Oversee compensation and benefits program of employees including the conducting of salary and total remuneration survey on the regular basis to determine the company position in the market place.
• Monitor the implementation of C&B Policies and propose for the updated version if needed.
• Ensure that payroll transactions are administered in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with company policy and local legislation. HRIS
• Partner with IT on HRIS and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
• Interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent communications skills – written, verbal and interpersonal – and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences
• Solid knowledge of all facets of HR with specialized expertise in at least 2 areas
• Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership
• General business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business topics in Finance, Legal, IT, payroll, and administration
• Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fast-paced organization
• Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment
• Drive initiatives with limited resources and roll-up your sleeves attitude to achieve desired results
• Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results
• Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented
• Ability to develop creative solutions and drive effective organizational change
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Advanced degree or MBA is preferred. Certifications in HR is a plus (CIPD, CHRP, SPHR)
• 15+ years of relevant business experience ideal
• At least 10+ years of progressive HRBP leadership experience, with 2-3 year leading an HR function
• At least 3 years’ experience managing people and teams of various sizes in dispersed locations, preferably in GCC, demonstrating a strong cultural awareness.