A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Supply Chain Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||7 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||500 – 1000 Employees|
|Benefits||Medical Insurance | Performance-Based Bonus|
At Hitachi Energy, our purpose is to advance a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact on our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as a Supply Chain Manager will be part of Hitachi Energy’s business based in Dubai, UAE. You will be leading a team of specialists to execute Supply Chain Management strategies that support the business by optimizing costs, quality, and reliability of suppliers. Focusing on the early involvement of SCM at the tender stage to professionally manage supplier-related risks and opportunities, by establishing competitive channels to the supply base via local, regional and global category teams as well as providing market-relevant information for strategic decision making.
- Ensuring effective and efficient implementation of SCM strategy activities throughout the organization by increasing the SCM competence.
- Ensuring to be fully embedded – at all levels – in the value chain of the organization by owning and managing SCM core activities such as Strategic Sourcing, TT&L (Transport, Trade & Logistics), Tactical Purchasing, and Contracted Services.
- Supporting the business to achieve significant competitive advantage by designing and implementing cost-out programs to reach financial targets (Cost Reduction, Cash Management, Productivity).
- Proactively participate in tender or capture team during the kick-off and tender progress meetings for selected target projects, identifying opportunities and critical commercial, fiscal and legal conditions of the client´s tender specification and ensuring flow over to the bidding documentation to suppliers or contractors.
- Issuing the project-related Tender Sourcing Plan (TSP) based on the overall tender strategy and supporting the tender responsible for issuing the project budget and time schedule by providing timely and accurate input from suppliers´ quotations incl. provision/ commitment of anticipated qualified improvement potentials.
- Managing the supply quality by ensuring on-time deliveries and monitoring or investigating supplier quality issues.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of SCM standards, tools, and processes sustainable to the size of your business.
- Ensuring that SCM team are trained and safely working to ensure compliance with Health, Safety, and Environment requirements.
- Demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and collaborative problem-solving mindset across disciplines in a complex global organization.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 10 years of experience in supply chain management. Minimum 5 years of experience in a project environment and supply chain function.
- Experience in a multicultural environment and a high degree of inter-cultural sensitivity help you lead and motivate by influence.
- Knowledge of power transmission and distribution technologies.
- Proven communicative and collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of processes in industrial large and complex or turnkey contracts.
- Proven communication and negotiation skills. Knowledge of commercial or legal aspects of purchasing.
- Ability to communicate with numerous external and internal parties at different levels in a project environment.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible, and secure whilst balancing social, environmental, and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD.