A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Operation Excellence Manager”.
|Company Name||IFFCO Group|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree| Masters Degree|
|Experience||7 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||22,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The key role of Operational Excellence Manager is to implement IOE (IFFCO Operational Excellence) across the various Manufacturing sites of IFFCO across the globe. Initially the focus is on Oils & Fats Division. IOE has 5 dimensions, Performance Management; CAPEX Management; Asset Management; Safety, Quality & Sustainability Management and People Management. Implementation of IOE will have a visible impact on the company’s P&L, Conversion Cost and Bottom Line. At the same time, it will make sure that our assets are taken care, customer/ consumer trust is built and environmental sustainability is ensured. This role includes diagnosing current performance levels across all the above five dimensions of IOE; developing hypotheses; structuring problem-solving and root-causing; devising workplans and executing analyses; developing actionable recommendations in well-structured executive briefs; and implementing these recommendations in a hands-on way on the ground – wherever the opportunities may be. In addition, this position should build strong cross-functional and personal relationships with Operation Heads across the company to identify and realize performance-improvement opportunities.
Direct: Head of Performance Improvement
- Own, plan, prioritize, and track IOE Implementation across the manufacturing facilities as per priorities agreed with Strategy/ AOP Plans.
- Create ‘personal value-add’ by initiating, steering, and completing initiatives in his/her own ‘spike’ area of expertise, including leading by example and setting the high bar in terms of work quality and impact.
- Deploy strategy for Lean Manufacturing/ Six Sigma/ TPM as per need of unit. Provide strong quantitative / Qualitative analysis before jumping to methodology. Data is Key.
- Structure the hypotheses into MECE components for methodical problem-solving and root-causing in an effective and efficient manner to tight timelines.
- Create detailed workplans with a systematic iterative update cadence for Continuous Improvement and careful Change Management with key stakeholders.
- Plan and execute – in a direct and hands-on way – the required analyses to identify the problem root causes and high-impact solutions, including the quantification of financial benefits.
- Develop internal IP in terms of toolkits, fact-based Points of View, financial/non-financial models; and dashboards to share best practices across the organization.
- Build strong cross-functional and personal relationships both inside and outside the organization to learn continuously how the IOE team can support the operations.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree from a reputed polytechnical school
- Global process-improvement certifications, including Lean/Six Sigma and PMP
- 7~12 years of work experience, as an internal expert/consultant in an FMCG company or as an external advisor with a reputed operations consulting firm
- Hands-on implementation of complex Continuous Improvement Initiatives across Manufacturing with demonstrable financial benefits
- Stakeholder Management experience with mid management level professionals, often working in remote locations across the company’s international network of operations
- Managerial position in operations will be added advantage
- Lean Manufacturing and TPM, including basics of 5S, Visual Management, Standards etc.
- Basic understanding of Finance
- Problem Solving Techniques: Iterative and Fact Based
- Stakeholder Management
- Lean / Six-Sigma Certification (at least GB level)
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
· Financial Indicators: Conversion Cost (per MT); COGS abs/%; Opex abs/%;
- Operational KPI’s : OEE, Planned/ Unplanned Stoppages, Yield %,
- Environment KPI’s: Energy/ Water (per MT), Waste Generation
- Safety KPIs: TRIFR, Near Miss Incident Investigation Compliance
- Project-specific KPIs: On-time project completion
- Independent project management, including work-planning and result delivery
- Coaching & training skills including mentoring
- Drive and Implement Change
- Dash Boarding and presentation skills