A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Manager IT Operations”.
|Experience||10 – 11 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Description – Internal
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Senior Manager – IT Operations to be based in Sharjah, UAE.
What We Do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Responsible for uptime and performance of global network, voice, and compute service design,
- Explores new technologies and software as appropriate and in conjunction with the Chief Technology Officer oversees cost effective operational improvements in the Data Center, Network, server, and communications infrastructure in order to ensure high performance of the IT department.
- Assumes operational responsibility of Data Centres, entire network and system infrastructure ensuring proper configuration, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of security firewalls, sites/software, servers, data and file encryption, and internet connections.
- Manage an agile and high performance team of technology professionals to provide performant and available service desk, voice, network, and compute services.
- Ensure 24×7 availability of technology services and support.
- Manage a global service desk, ticketing system, and day to day system administrator, network engineer functions within India, APJ, and the EU.
- Provide strategic roadmaps, create reports and presentations for executive summaries, meetings, liaisons with other departments, external agencies, vendors. and, create/manage company wide announcements for Infrastructure Vertical
- Establish written public policies and procedures, maintain accurate inventory of all assets, support renewals, technology purchases, and evaluate new technologies
- In charge of business continuity and disaster recovery within the department as well as the recommendation and implementation of new investments within the technology infrastructure. implements and documents a business recovery strategy for the purpose of resuming operations of system architecture in the event of a disaster.
- Implements procedures and controls that ensure that information and data are secure and in compliance with the security and storage regulations of the business. Further lead the process and team members in the analysis, enhancement, and tailoring of current practices and existing systems in order to increase operating efficiencies as well as reduce and cut costs within the business.
- Works to ensure consistency and maintainability of existent infrastructure environments through the creation, maintenance, and enforcement of well documented standards and procedures for the implementation of technical solutions.
- Works closely with the Chief Technology Officer in the business technology planning process as well as the analysis of departmental efficiencies and effectiveness
- Works closely with the IT support teams in gathering feedback and developing insights that will lead to the improvement of IT services.
- Plays a lead role in the maintenance of knowledge within the IT department, coordinating the implementation of best practices and the adoption of suitable trends.
- Accountable for keeping track of licensing on all IT Infrastructure related items.
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
The postholder is expected to adhere to the 9 Life-Saving Rules and the Petrofac Values and Behaviours.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent field.
- Minimum of 10 years in working experience in a senior IT position within a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment, preferably working as a Head of DevOps or Head of SiteOps. The candidate must demonstrate successful experience leading a DevOps and SiteOps team in the management of information technology and information systems. Experience in core technologies and software (Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle. Etc)
- Demonstrate experience with a wide variety of productivity and business software and have a proven track record of creative solution delivery and delivery on business needs.
- Good Track record of managing business and technical projects of strategic significance via third party suppliers
- Experience of ITSM software applications and tools, analysis, and reporting.
- Certified or demonstrated experience in managing Azure Cloud Environment
- Experience in creating cost benefit analysis and business cases
- Knowledge of developing and managing continuous improvement programs.
- Demonstrate an intimate understanding of Data Centers (Cloud and In House), servers, storage, Voice network infrastructure technologies, inclusive of security solutions,
- Knowledge in Business continuity as well as disaster recovery
- Technologically adept and possess exceptionally good computer skills. He must be highly knowledgeable in enterprise level Cloud technologies and be competent in defect tracking
- Enthusiastic problem solver, have advanced critical and strategic thinking skills, have strong attention to detail, have a strong understanding of business processes and the integration of technological processes, work comfortably with senior business leadership, work comfortably in a collaborative environment, be self-motivated and proactive going beyond the call of duty, and have an ability to stay calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Demonstrate exceptionally strong leadership skills, having an ability to influence a cross-functional group towards a unified direction
- Strong knowledge of the principles and processes of infrastructure development
- Ability to establish vision, drive change and deliver results.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams to develop, deliver, operationalize, document, and support solutions.
- Knowledge of developing and managing SLAs, KPIs and critical success factors for IT services, processes, and operations.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Solutions, i.e. design and implementation of Windows Server platforms, Office 365 migrations, Active Directory, Group Policy, System Centre Configuration
- Deep understanding of Network Switches, Network Routing, MPLS, Network administration, Network integration, Network Security and network advancement
- Knowledge in architecture, design, co(nfiguration, and deployment within the Microsoft Azure platform
- Experience with IT frameworks: ITIL, CMDB, Service Now
- Three or more certifications from CCIE/CCNP/ITIL/COBIT/PMP/CISA/CISM
Skills & Competencies
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch with you soon.