A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Accountant”.
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree | CPA | ACCA | ACA|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to monthly closing processes, forecasting and budgeting, and customer billing. They will be organized and approach each issue with an analytical mindset.
· Ensure business transactions are reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Work closely with team members to assist with the month-end close.
· Assist with the annual audit process including the draft of the financial statements and related notes.
· Research and analyze expense variances for company management.
· Develop and maintain strategic stakeholder relationships.
· Remain up to date with business activities.
· Propose relevant provisions and accruals.
· Preparation of journal entries.
· Execute the month-end and year-end closing.
· Liaise with the business Operations teams.
· Responsible for a clean balance sheet, as well as up to date balance sheet reconciliations.
· Performing monthly variance analysis, both against prior months and budget.
· Monthly Sub-ledger vs GL reconciliation and analysis.
· Standardization of accounting schedules and implement quality review process.
· Preparation of workings for various accounting treatments as per IFRS.
· Monthly VAT reporting in line with FTA.
· Taking an active role in all relevant audits, both internal and external.
· Actively seeking areas for improvement and driving the change.
· Staying up to date on changes in the accounting and tax regulations.
· Strong knowledge of IFRS and FTA requirements.
· Experience of interacting with external auditors / Big 4 audit experience
· Detailed knowledge of accounting software applications (QBO).
· 3+ years’ of professional accounting experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience
· ACA, ACCA, CPA qualification (or equivalent).