A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “General Accountant”.
|Company Name||ibis Styles Albany|
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||6,500 AED – 7,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50 – 100 Employees|
We are Heartists
Heartist describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and were experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when were connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio & Ibis Styles
We create memorable stories for our guests and fellow Heartists offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch.
We discover together and are flexible to our guests discerning needs.
Trendy, curious, creative and open minded blended with entrepreneurial spirit; our Heartists bring life into the cluster.
- Ensure Hotels vendors/suppliers and other business partners/ third parties invoices posting in accordance with USALI, prepare monthly payment batch through cheques or bank transfers in accurate and timely manner.
- Is responsible for preparation of basic Accounting routines, filing all documents and maintaining actives files of the Finance Department including, but not limited to: Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Payroll.
- Is responsible for running monthly payroll batch from document collection and related proper update in payroll system to pay calculation, posting and subsequent payment preparation and release in timely and accurate manner.
Planning ,Organizing & Operations
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Vendor / Suppliers Invoice Posting
- Collects from hotels/procurement department LPOs/delivery notes and verify arithmetic consistency vs. invoices charges.
- Ensures systematic formal approval of invoices and related supporting documents from HOD and Management.
- Prepares JVs for upload, submit them to A/P Supervisor review before posting to respective suppliers/P&L accounts and ensure proper cost allocation by business unit.
- Updates monthly JVs folder for A/P Supervisor review and filing in Monthly Closing Pack Review.
- Collects on month end pending LPOs and prepare listing of accruals for invoices not received to be submitted to A/P Supervisor review before posting.
Petty Cash / Expense Claim Vouchers Posting
- Collects from departments Petty Cash and Expense claim vouchers.
- Posts vouchers and ensure proper cost allocation by business unit.
- Verifies validity of vouchers supporting documents/receipts and report any incompliance with procedure to A/P Supervisor.
- Prepares JVs for upload and submit them to A/P Supervisor review before posting.
- Runs bi-monthly cheques/bank transfers batch payment based on due-dates and submit payment vouchers to A/P Supervisor for review.
- Ensures that suppliers/vendors statement of accounts are in reciprocity with business units ledgers and coordinate communication with suppliers/purchasing department to resolve any discrepancy.
- Reviews suppliers accounts monthly to ensure systematic accurate payment allocation.
Payroll Preparation & Calculation
- Verifies that system timesheets are in reciprocity with attendance sheets validated by HOD.
- Checks that overtime/leaves and other absences as well as Heartists terminations / recruitments / status change are properly supported by approved documentation and accurately updated in system.
- Posts in payroll system variable data (loan, advances) for payroll computation.
- Runs system payroll calculation, verify data consistency and submit monthly payroll register to Accounting Center Manager for review.
Payroll Payment and Posting
- Prepares monthly payroll JV and coordinate posting with Senior Accountant.
- Prepares monthly payroll reconciliation report vs. last month in order to ensure that month-to-month changes are performed properly and accurately.
- Provides list of cheques payments to A/P section for action.
- Prepares bank transfers payments and submit them to Accounting Center Manager for review.
- Prepares employees Full & Final Settlement/Annual Leave Advance payments and submit to Accounting Center Manager for review.
- Follows-up with the bank for payment confirmation/any issue related to payment of payroll.
Labor Accruals Update and Review
- Prepares monthly labor accrual (bonus, annual leave, gratuity) for Accounting Center Manager review and filing in Monthly Closing review package.
- Bi-annually (June and December), conduct exhaustive verification of bonus/air-ticket accruals in coordination with HR department and ensure proper reciprocity between system, records and books.
- Maintains accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data.
- Coordinates with Suppliers/Vendors contacts for cheque payment collection at the hotel.
- Files exhaustively payment vouchers in respective folders for on-site records.
- Maintains update on A/P documentation inventory for off-site/external archiving and coordinates with outsourcing company for annual pick-up in accordance with archiving SOP.
- Keeps all the Contracts files up to date and follow up with the concern department for the renewal.
- Updates Revenue share worksheets and reconcile and verify the invoice for payment.
Generic Aspects On Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel’s policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel’s emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel’s commitments to the “Environment Charter” of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotels policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Groups success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet.
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and were stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.