A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Procurement Manager”.
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The Procurement Manager – Events Specialist will be responsible to manage an efficient and effective purchasing operation for obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, and services based upon applicable statutes and established purchasing policy and procedures.
He or she will be responsible for the implementation of the purchasing systems and solicitation (RFP, RFQ, IFB, public works bid) processes, and the contract administration to provide support and assistance for the Events Department Managers/Department Directors/ VPs related to their purchasing needs. He or she will manage contracts with application knowledge to handle databases.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Lead and manage purchasing operations, policies, and procedures.
– Manage contracting process, bids, procurement, records, renewals in existing system.
– Maintain procurement records and keep them current according to company standards
– Review contracts and maintain an efficient central file system for contracts and renewals to assure contract compliance.
– Partner with senior business leadership on procurement plans to enable business strategies.
Requirements & Skills
– Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; preferably in business, business administration, or finance; and five years related purchasing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Knowledge of contract law, principles of negotiations, procurement techniques, research and market analysis techniques, contract development and administration.
– A must knowledge in the events and exhibitions industries’ purchasing methods and procedures.
– Customer-focused, selfless team player who can effectively lead a team with a positive attitude.
– The willingness and capability to “roll up their sleeves” and do as well as lead.
– A passion for operational excellence and success.
– Recognizes when external perspective, expertise, services, or leverage are appropriate and develops strong working relationships with providers.
– Excellent communication skills including the ability to produce clear and well-organized documents.
– Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, document, and implement.
– Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
– Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and understand business practices, elicit and define requirements, and identify appropriate solutions and options.
– Strong situational awareness and conflict resolution skills.