A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Financial Controller- Malls Group”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CPA | CA | CMA | ACCA | CFA | CIMA|
|Experience||10- 12 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 15,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||1200-1400 Employees|
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Job Title: Financial Controller- Malls Group
Reports to: General Manager Finance
The purpose of this job is to ensure business operational and financial control across the Malls Group portfolio in the UAE, which currently consists of Dubai Festival City Mall and Festival Plaza, in order to provide the required operational and strategic decision support. The Financial Controller will act as a Co-Pilot supporting the Malls Group portfolio heads in terms of analysis of market trends, control of financial performance, financial and management accounting, mapping and control of processes and procedures, liaison with internal and external audit, strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Financial Controller is responsible for leading the portfolio accounting and finance function on a day-to-day basis and for steering the strategic direction of the unit. The ideal candidate would be commercially oriented, process-oriented, possess excellent staff & task managerial skills, natural leader, pay close attention to detail, ensure compliance with Laws and Policies and have analytical thinking skills. This includes close interactions with the leadership team on a continuous basis. Additionally, this role will require knowledge and experience of IFRS, real estate operations, and Dubai real estate laws and guidelines.
The Financial Controller will be responsible to produce the Malls Group management accounts & financial reports, ERP system maintenance and monitoring, and ensure that internal controls, DOA, policies and procedures, statutory laws and regulations are followed. Further, the Financial Controller will be heavily involved in key strategic roll-outs, participation in cash flow forecasts and balance sheet maintenance.
The Financial Controller will be the primary contact of Finance support with regards to dealings with the organization portfolio partners, External and Internal Audit, and the various external stakeholders.
The Financial Controller will act as a Business Co Pilot assisting the Malls Group portfolio heads on the daily operations, decision making, strategic business planning, and monthly management meetings and business reviews.
The Financial Controller will also lead the Malls Group Finance Team in the monthly / yearly closing process (i.e., accrual entries, revenue recognition, and expense reporting and account reconciliation, production of management accounts and the various financial reports) and various periodical reporting requirements.
- Primary interface between Malls Group team, Finance team, Shared Services Finance, Group Finance, Internal and External Audit, and internal management in managing Malls Group finance operations and financial reporting.
- Advise on Malls Group projects funding and establish control mechanism of cash flow. Lead coordination with Lenders on the management and operation of projects financing.
- Lead the Malls Group finance team to deliver accurate monthly accounting close and balance sheet integrity through close monitoring and analysis of accounts.
- Co-pilot the Financial strategic direction of the Malls Group portfolio through monthly review and variance reporting and improvement initiatives.
- Lead the process of completing the business plan, annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and monthly reporting as per the agreed assumptions, requirements and deadlines
- Lead the finance improvement projects, particularly in relation to reporting automation, system implementation and process improvements
- Monitor the economy across the region with a focus on UAE retail market and advise the portfolio heads on updates, risks and opportunities. Analyse the Malls Group portfolio strengths and weaknesses and provide recommendations as necessary
- Develop reports and schedules as required for external and internal purposes including valuations, minority shareholder reports
- Lead the Malls Group Finance team and manage the objectives and tasks of the unit in line with the overall department objectives and AFGRE values.
- Act as the point of contact for DFC Group with regards to External Audit assignments, managing deliverables with the various process stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post-graduate degree in commerce / accounting / finance. Knowledge of management reporting and accounting systems is necessary.
- Accounting / Finance qualification (CPA, CA, CMA, ACCA, CFA, CIMA)
- Knowledge of ERP Financial Software is necessary; SAP and Yardi expertise will be preferred.
- Real Estate related Certification from Dubai Real Estate Institute is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of Finance and Accounting, out of which a minimum of 4 years in the Real Estate industry at a financial management position.
- Experience in Real Estate / Construction / Project Management industries will be preferred.
- Well-versed in IAS / IFRS.
- Well-versed in preparation of Financial Statements.
- Knowledge of Dubai Real Estate Laws, Guidelines, and directives is a desired skill.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Positive attitude, with ability to manage expectations of the various stakeholders of the Malls Group portfolio.
- Ability to lead portfolios with constant motivation towards the next level of success.
- Ability to manage time appropriately, communicate effectively with team members and business
- Ability to approach problem solving with simplicity and logic, and to present solutions on financial matters to non-finance professionals.
- Ability to think holistically and understand the chain impact of financial transactions on the overall business.
- Ability to work under pressure without losing control over tasks assigned.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.