A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Client Accountant”.
|The Sovereign Group
|ACCA | CA | CPA
|4 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required
|6,500 AED – 8,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Candidate will be responsible to manage accounting and bookkeeping for portfolio of clients based in various offshore jurisdictions as well as onshore companies located in UAE. The role is based at our Dubai office and would suit a qualified accountant from a practice background experienced in finalizing accounts for multiple clients and someone who is keen to enhance their knowledge regarding UAE Regulations.
- Assisting new clients with the on-boarding procedure which includes reviewing of clients’ existing accounting records if available and setting up their books on our in-house accounting software or various other cloud based accounting softwares.
- Liaising with clients from multiple jurisdictions to understand their business model and optimize their accounting workflow.
- Providing monthly bookkeeping services to clients which will include recording of all financial transactions based on bank statements, account reconciliations, maintenance of accounts receivables & payables, passing of journal entries, accruals and prepayments.
- Preparing annual accounts on a timely manner for companies based in offshore jurisdictions.
- Finalizing management accounts on a regular basis for client companies.
- Assisting with payroll management.
- Liaising with auditors to get the annual audited reports produced as well as submitted to relevant authorities on time.
- Filing of VAT returns and other statutory requirements for companies in UAE.
- Maintaining client relationships and facilitating open communication while ensuring timely delivery of quality service to clients.
- Advising clients on all of their queries regarding accounts, statutory requirements, VAT and Tax filing obligations relevant for their jurisdictions.
- Collaborating with Client Accounting manager and other team associates in order to promote our services to sovereign’s existing client base as well as potential external clients.
- Maintaining and expanding knowledge base regarding the UAE VAT Regulations.
- At least 4-5 years of experience gained in practice environment.
- Experienced in using multiple accounting softwares like QuickBooks, Zohobooks, Xero and Sage.
- Confident individual who can interact with clients from different backgrounds and capable of explaining accounting concepts to them.
- Strong interpersonal ability coupled with rapport building, effective listening, questioning and summarizing skills.
- Highly numerate with excellent excel skills.
- Commercial awareness and acumen.
- Professional telephone manner
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible with the work approach and able to complete work unsupervised
- Ability to handle confidential information and adhere to strict privacy principles
Professional Accounting Qualifications like ACCA, CA, CPA.