A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Financial Accounting Manager”.
|Dubai Cable Company
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CA
|9 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required
|22,000 AED – 25,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Manage the Financial Accounting section of the Finance department to ensure proper maintenance of accounts and timely and accurate generation of appropriate financial reports in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Main Accountabilities Of The Job
- Reinforce the performance culture and actively manage section performance to meet or exceed all performance objectives
- Develop team members to ensure business sustainability
- Oversee programs for innovation and continuous improvement in pursuit of greater productivity
2.Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development of the department policies, business processes and operating procedures and implement them when approved.
3.Budgets and Operational Plans
- Develop and manage the implementation of the section budget, work plans, KPI’s and SLA’s
- Monitor implementation of the approved section budget regularly to ensure effective control over expenditure
- Contribute to the corporate budgeting process by providing all necessary financial information
4.Roles and Responsibilities Matrix
- Ensure all payments are in accordance with the company Policy in line with the Roles and Responsibilities Matrix.
- Guide line managers and GMs on capital expenditure status, to facilitate decision making
- Ensure the timely closure of the monthly pack of financial statements i.e. P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and other reports in line with IAS and IFRS
- Prepare the draft annual accounts for all Ducab companies and coordinate with the external auditors for the finalization of accounts within agreed deadlines; handling all queries pertaining to financial numbers.
7.Maintenance of ERP database
- Update and maintain the master data, chart of accounts and Role and Responsibilities matrix in the ERP system and recommend necessary changes
- Test the adequacy of internal controls with auditors to ensure Ducab’s assets are safeguarded, financial risks are minimized and all statutory requirements are met
- § Support the auditors with financials for periodical audits and ensure prompt action is taken on all audit recommendations and findings.
- Keep abreast of developments and updates in international financial guidelines and regulations to incorporate these updates in Ducab financial policies, systems and processes
- Update standard cost estimates for finished goods and semi finished goods and run cost updates in SAP on a monthly basis
- Release standard cost estimates for all new finished good and semi finished goods after validating the BOM, routing and additive costs data
- Analyze product costs and production variances, monthly, at individual production order level and send the variance reports to the line managers concerned, for corrective action
- Perform the month-end SAP-CO processes, as required by the Company
- Generate monthly profitability COPA reports and other base data from CO module as input for the monthly Management pack
- Provide Management with accurate and timely Financial Accounting performance reports, as required
- Prepare the background financial information for the monthly performance review with Shareholders and joint ventures to address anticipated queries
- Ensure all the required data is prepared for the quarterly returns to government authorities
- Supply historical and current financial information and trends in response to queries from the Board of Directors
Minimum specifications for the Job
Essential : Degree in accounting or equivalent with good knowledge of Financial Policies, Procedures and regulations. Good knowledge of international accounting and financial reporting standards.
Desirable : A professional Financial Accounting qualification e.g. CA or equivalent
Job Skills: Financial accounting skills, good communication
Behavioural Competencies : Leadership, strategic thinking, transparency, integrity, professionalism, caring & supportive style, passion for excellence, change management orientation.
Experience: 9 to 11 years of Financial Accounting experience with at least 5 years in a similar management role in an ERP environment e.g. SAP