A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Accountant”.
|Aspen Pharma Group
|Bachelors Degree (B.com/Bsc) |Masters Degree | ACCA | CA
|5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required
|7,500 AED – 8,500 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Primary responsibilities of the accountant include timely submission of the financial statements to the local authorities with the help of external service providers. In addition, support the team with the internal compliance work.
- Assist the Local Accounting team with queries from KPMG, EY and other external parties in relation to submission of financial statements to local authorities.
- Liaising with internal / cross function employees to gather information to be submitted to external accountants / auditors.
- Liaising with other Aspen offices & external parties to gather information to be submitted to external accountants / auditors.
- Work on setting up templates for accounting on SAP and create internal processes.
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of the information provided to the local KPMG offices, so that submission deadlines are met.
- Preparation and submission of accounts / financial statements to the local authorities in multiple countries with the help of KPMG on a timely basis.
- Perform reconciliations between transactions booked by Aspen and external accountants/service providers.
- Perform reconciliations between IFRS and Local GAAP for medium to large entities.
- Build up a knowledge base in regards to local GAAP’s and the differences to IFRS / Aspen Accounting Policy.
- Ensure that the Local Accounting CoA in SAP is fully operational.
- Assist in establishing a local accounting guideline including manuals.
- Perform GL reviews and perform spot checks on processes and transactions.
- Assist with the internal and external audit.
- Support the team as required with compliance checks.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree – B.COM / BSc
- Doctorate Degree/ Multiple Masters – ACCA / CA or equivalent – Professional qualification will be given preference
- 3-5 Years in Accounting – Worked in an Audit/ MNC/ Pharma company, in a competitive environment, able to handle pressure, attention to detail.
- Chartered Accountant with 3-4 years’ experience preferably in a Big 4 – Yes, audit experience will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages: proficiency in Microsoft Excel: Intermediate – Advanced
- BI tool / SAP experience: Intermediate
- Independently handled the Accounting Function of medium size enterprise: Advanced – Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from superior to accomplish objectives.
Planning and organisational skills
Business analysis and financial skills
Problem-solving and good judgment
Responsibility and accountability
Responsibility & Accountability
Flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity
Capacity for and resistance to Stress
Perseverance and tenacity
Informal communications skills
Active listening skills
Curiosity / learning agility
Curiosity / learning agility
Make Good Decisions
Dealing with ambiguity Embrace Change
Lead and Influence Others
Develops Talent, Teamwork and Diversity
Contribute Special Expertise
Take Action with Integrity
Continuously Grow and Develop