A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “IT Technician”.
|Company Name||OMS Pharma|
|Qualification||Bachelors degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||3 – 4 months of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||4,000 AED – 4,500 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
IT Technician responsibilities include
- Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
- Checking computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications
We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Coordinate daily duties with the systems administrator team
- Review innovative technologies for existing and future projects
- Operate on security auditing servers
- Support development teams to tune web application stacks
- Configure and maintain web analytics systems
- Assist other teams as needed
- Help clients with any connectivity issues
- Be on call one week out of four for any emergencies
- Be available for weekly maintenance
- Create and maintain backup systems robust enough to withstand inclement weather and power surges
- Set up systems to manually and automatically update content to website as needed
- Investigate and resolve slow loading times and related issues
- Develop performance standards, measurement protocols and proposed resolutions
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and related SQL systems)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- A+, Linux+, or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum three years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- Planning and tuning web applications
- Expertise with Linux, Apache, PHP, and Oracle
- Load balancing
- Reverse proxy configurations
- Nginx a ++
- Knowledge of security for applications, networking, and operating systems
- Java web applications
- Deployment using automation knowledge
- Monitoring and virtualization experience
- Data center deployment expertise
- Ethernet networking
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Salary : 48,000AED Per Year (All Inclusive)