A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Finance Manager”.
|Company Name||Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CA|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Job Requisition ID: 117594
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
As a member of Divisional Controlling team – to support the Sr. FM on delivering,
- Driving Accounting Policy requirements of Division through Division Specific Accounting Policies
- Provide inputs to Group Finance on new / revision of existing Group Account Policies
- Liaise, coordinate and support BU Finance in implementation of new accounting policy requirements
- Drive and provide Policy guidance to BU Team through Divisional Accounting Policy Committee and BU specific training / briefing sessions.
- Provide accounting guidance / advisory on compliance of Accounting Standard (IAS), Reporting Standards (IFRS) & Group policies.
- Provide support and advisory in on Complex Accounting Judgment, Estimates and Accounting Processes
- Lead the overall implementation and compliance of Internal Controls Framework and coordinate with Group and BU on any change requirements
- Assess risks, insurance requirements, engage with insurance partners for insurance coverage for the Division.
- Drive and play collaboration with BU to maintain and roll-out collection infrastructure
Accounting Policy & Advisory
- Provide Support to Group and Divisional Policy and lead the development of Financial Internal Controls, Controls Assessment and Reporting / Standardisation Framework.
- Support Group Finance in review, gap analysis and preparation of Group Accounting Policies and ensure coverage of Automotive business scenarios.
- Be responsible for drafting Divisional Accounting Policies and Process Notes based on the identified process gaps, internal audit recommendations as well BU request for specific areas requiring accounting guidance and advisory.
- Drive implementation of new accounting policy requirements through producing detailed technical analysis in this area and contributing to Group discussions as subject matter expert.
- Develop and monitor accounting training sessions to the Finance & Operations teams where applicable on IAS, Accounting Policies and IFRS, Accounting Policies and Process SOPs.
- Provide Support and Guidance to BU FP&A and Controlling teams on Complex Accounting Judgements.
- Driving the overall Insurance Requirements of Business Units, ensuring coverage of all risk. Liaise with BU and Insurance providers to ensure insurance coverage are available to mitigate all the financial loss risks and any statutory / covenant requirements.
- Support in liaison with P&C and EIT team in implementation of Collection Infrastructure, integration to Books of accounts and related touchpoints
Balance Sheet substantiation / Process Reviews
- Liaison with Shared Service Centres and BU Finance Team to ensure all the required processes for Financial Period Close ae performed on time to ensure Quality Financials
- Drive Balance Sheet Substantiation implementation and rollout process, periodic reviews of misstatement, liaison and escalation of key risk areas for resolution
- Review and present necessary details / reports for Entity Level Scorecards / Issues Resolution Drive
- Review SSF KPI / SLA and initiate discussions with respective stakeholder for review and identification of improvement areas with detailed implementation plan and timelines
- Liaise with Business Units to align on creation of any Legal entity establishment and closure. Ensuring Books of accounts structure are defined for the new entities as well ensuring all the accounting and legal processes are completed for closure of any entities.
- Drive and ensure overall tracking of Audit Progress, Alignment with Audit Program and Timelines
- Coordinate with Shared Services and BU team to ensure that auditor’s requirements are being provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead and monitor Preparation of Standalone / Consolidated Financial Statements of required entities
- Liaise with Auditors and BU teams on Other Certification Requirement from Auditors (Revenue Certificates, ICV Certificate ESR etc.)
- Ensure specific reporting requirement of Group Finance for FS preparation, Consolidation and other analysis are met timely.
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Chartered Accountant or similar qualification
Minimum Experience: At least 5 years relevant experience within a large organization in a supervisory level
Job-Specific Skills: Clear understanding of Accounting, relevant IFRS and Automotive front end processes. Clear understanding of Automotive dealer / distributor business processes and accounting skills; KPI driven customer focused operation; ability to lead change processes.
Strong Analytical, process oriented, good communication and presentation skills, exposure to ERP. ( Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC
Behavioural Competencies: To maintain confidentiality; be strategic and analytical, honest and responsible; possess cultural awareness and sensitivity; be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics. Capable of Interacting with MDs of various Automotive businesses as well as capable of handling subordinates. Should be able to interact with BUFCs, SSF Process Heads, External Auditors, and Consultants etc.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.