A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Civil Engineer”.
|Qualification||BSc Degree (Civil Engineering)|
|Experience||6 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Job Requisition ID: 119623
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Reports to Title: FM Manager – Civil
Direct Reports: FM Engineer / Supervisors
Location: Dubai, UAE
The civil engineer will be responsible for all phases of FM Civil construction projects, including coordinating with Client, Inhouse team, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is done as per contract requirements with quality, on schedule and within budget.
FM Civil Maintenance Service Delivery.
- Monitors and reports on all phases of construction to ensure that implementation are carried out in accordance with specifications, compliance with appropriate building codes, local authorities and project requirements.
- Direct and guide Supervisors / Technicians to their respective assigned duties, that all personnel are present at their assigned areas when they are scheduled to work
- Monitors a comprehensive maintenance schedule to ensure continuity and smooth flow of repairs/ modifications of all assigned sites/buildings as per requirements in compliance with approved materials.
- Contribute to the development of a customer focused service and a positive corporate image, including the maintenance of good working relationship with client, client representatives.
- Achieve and enhance customer satisfaction by meeting and /or exceeding the customer requirements.
- Manage in the area of productivity improvement and potential cost saving measures.
- Direct employees in construction and maintenance procedures to ensure effectiveness and efficiency, as well as compliance with all applicable regulations and authorities having jurisdiction
- Manage and monitors the performance of direct report and provides guidance as and when required
- Establish and implement “best practices” and focuses on continuous improvement.
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills
Minimum Qualifications, Certification and Knowledge:
- B.Sc. Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Understanding of FM / Civil contracts.
- 6 years’ experience in a related field of which 2 years are in the FM environment.
- Knowledge of facilities planning and construction management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Skills in reading and interpreting plans and specifications and to compare them with construction progress.
- Skills in both verbal and written communications, Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Viewpoint
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.