A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Restaurant Operations Manager”.
||Al Khoory Hotels|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 18,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
I. JOB SUMMARY
Restaurant Operations Manager will be responsible for leading and managing restaurants. He / She may be responsible for different tasks such as restaurant marketing strategies, recruiting and hiring restaurant staff, training, overseeing food quality, developing menus as well as greeting and serving restaurant guests.
Key Result Area’s would be that He / She would be able to deliver revenues and profits by developing, marketing, financing, and providing appealing restaurant service; managing staff.
I. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF & E requirements
- Ensure that the Departmental Operations Budget is strictly adhered to and manager Profit & Loss
- Ensure that all the outlets are managed efficiently, according to the established concept statements.
- Ensure that correct operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- Assign responsibilities to his assistant and outlet teams and monitor their performance periodically
- Represent the Food and Beverage Department on the Hotel’s Executive Committee
- Monitor service and standards in all outlet and to assist during peak periods. To work with the Managers and respective Sous Chef to take corrective action where necessary.
- Handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- Verifies frequently that only fresh products are used in food preparation. Liaise daily with Executive Chef/ Chef De Cuisine on food trends, quality and creative ideas
- Establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- Ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated.
- Control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that all Food and Beverage Forms and reports are forwarded to the Corporate/Area Food and Beverage Departments
- Conduct daily operations briefings with the Managers/ F&B service Staff; Conduct monthly Food and Beverage Meeting.
- Identify market needs for both hotel guests and the local market.
- Monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants and other hotels’ banqueting departments
- Ensure that all Outlet Management Teams are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their products meet these requirements.
- Recruit and select Food and Beverage Heads of Department who are able to work within the decentralized management philosophy
- Ensure that proper cash management controls are followed by all Food & Beverage staff members, as per policy
- Train and develop Outlet Heads so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centers.
- Ensure that each Outlet plans and implements effective training programs for their staff with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- Develop departmental trainers and assign training responsibilities with coordination with the Human Resources Department.
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals of management personnel.
- Supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- Carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- Ensure all kitchens and eating areas are organized and maintain a high level of cleanliness
- Ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- Ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Assist in the training of the employees ensuring that they the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
- Supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department’s Operation Manual.
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel Employee Rules and Regulations.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned..
II. JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure that waste is minimized and properly recorded.
- Ensure that the Department’s Operational Budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are strictly controlled.
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policies relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
III. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Reducing Food Cost up to ___%
- Increase of Outlet Profit __%
- Decrease of Employee Turnover
- Adherence to the Budget
IV. COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
External : Guests; VIP Guests
Internal : F & B Staff