A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Accountant”.
|RAK Hospitality Holding LLC
|Bachelors | Masters | ACCA | CPA | ICAEW | CA | CMA
|5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required
|13,000 AED – 15,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|Ras Al Khaimah
- The Senior Accountant’s responsibility is to support the Senior Finance Manager especially in maintaining accurate financial records both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables, processing payments, filing documents in payroll and fixed assets for RAK Hospitality Holding LLC and its subsidiaries.
- Statutory Accounting/Reporting
- Ensure General Ledger (GL) and relevant sub-ledgers are closed on a monthly basis timely and accurately in compliance with the monthly closing calendar, for internal management reporting purposes, and on an annual basis, for external financial statement reporting purposes.
- Ensure monthly closing checklists together with all JV back-ups and supporting documentation are prepared and reviewed for all entities.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared and reviewed for all entities.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are prepared and reviewed for all entities.
- Provide assistance with regard to the monthly management reporting, quarterly forecasting process, quarterly reporting, periodic cash flow forecasting, and the annual budgeting process.
- Provide assistance with regard to the preparation of the annual IFRS financial statements for the purpose of external audit.
- Prepare and file quarterly VAT returns for the Group.
- Prepare and review VAT reconciliation for the Group.
- Other reporting is required by the management and/or external stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal/external auditors and assist in providing requested data.
2. Fixed Assets
- Review, monitor, and process fixed assets requests by Senior Finance Manager on a timely basis (transfers and retirements)
- Input data for the preparation of monthly capital spending reports.
- Properly record in the accounting system fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions
- Reconciliation and analysis of fixed asset accounts and align with Senior Finance Manager
- Oversee/perform any other tasks in regards to day to day operations as requested by Senior Finance Manager
- Assist the team in carrying out monthly inventory counts
- Undergraduate degree and/ or Postgraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or a relevant subject
- A professional qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA )
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a relevant field and a minimum of 2 years of working experience in the Middle East region
- The ideal candidate would be a qualified accountant with strong experience in the Big 4 Consulting Firm at a senior accountant level
- Past experience working with an international hotel chain would be considered an advantage
- Solid knowledge and understanding of accounting processes
- Ability to deliver high-quality financial reporting and analysis
- Detail-oriented and structured personality
- Strong numerical skills
- Technically proficient in using ERP systems
- Communication skills with emphasis on influencing others
Fluent in English (written and verbal)