A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “IT Support Engineer”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||2 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||5,500 AED – 7,500 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
noon.com is a technology leader with a simple mission: to be the best place to buy and sell things. In doing this we hope to accelerate the digital economy of the Middle East, empowering regional talent and businesses to meet the full range of consumers’ online needs.
noon operates without boundaries; we are aggressively and voraciously ambitious. Starting in 2017 with noon.com, the region’s homegrown e-commerce platform and leading online shopping destination, noon is now a digital ecosystem of products and services – noon, noon Daily, noon Food, Now Now, SIVVI, noon VIP, and noon Pay.
We are creating the Middle East’s local digital champion and are looking for world-class talent to join our team.
About our role
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for your site and will be responsible for working closely with the business and fellow engineers to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements as well as day to day support to meet our operations present and future business needs. Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
What you’ll do:
- Provide a support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site.
- Provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
- Provide sanity check and technical execution of projects.
- Run projects across the site, working closely with the business and fellow engineers, to implement changes and/or additions to the site’s technology infrastructure to support changing business and IT requirements.
- Supervision and day-to-day management of a team of IT technicians, including managing workloads of the team and reporting back to the IT manager and regional IT management.
- Review, revision and execution of change management requests as required.
- Manage the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
- Perform random site audits on technical infrastructure to ensure adherence to latest company IT and Health & Safety guidelines.
- Act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and company standards.
- Act as a single point of contact for projects.
- Undertake project management.
- Keep key stakeholders informed of progress of projects and maintain project documentation.
- Carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required, supporting a wide customer base.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a dynamic environment with a high degree of customer service focus.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Linux/Unix System Support experience.
- MS Windows System Support experience.
- Background in Networking – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- Holds a detailed understanding of core internet technologies – Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport, OSI Model.
- Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous.
- Experience working in a customer-facing technical role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
- Experience supervising a team, or leading a group of peers.
- Project management abilities and technical task execution experience.
- Strong analytical skills with proven problem-solving ability.
- Ability to operate autonomously in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Ability to learn and apply new technology.
- Ability to develop clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems.
- Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
- Vendor certification of the following would be beneficial: Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies.
- IT / ICT further education qualification.
- Help Desk / Technical support management experience.
Who will excel?
We’re looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. We’re searching for problem solvers, people who operate with a bias for action and have a deep understanding of the importance of resourcefulness over reliance.
Candor is our only default. Demanding unequivocal high standards should be non-negotiable because quality matters. We want people who are radically candid, cohorts who commit to settling for nothing but the best – in hiring, in accepting work from colleagues, and in your own work.
Ours is not an easy mission, but it is a meaningful one. Every hire must actively raise the bar of talent in the company to help us reach our vision.