A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Mechanical Engineer”.
||Capstone Technologies LLC, Dubai|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Master Degree (Mechanical Engineering)|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||5,500 AED – 7,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Job description / Role
Employment: Full Time
• Site based Senior/Lead Mechanical Engineer on our projects across UAE.
• Responsible for ensuring that the quality expectations, budget and programme constraints of the client are respected by the contractor.
• Responsible for managing junior mechanical engineering staff and inspectors.
• Being the responsible Mechanical Engineer and reporting to the PM.
• Oversee Junior Mechanical Engineers and Mechanical Inspectors
• Advise the project manager of any technical aspects of the mechanical services that may affect construction progress, quality and the like.
• Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works.
• Review Contractor’s installation method statements.
• Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to project manager with appropriate comments / approval.
• Review contractor’s mechanical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering co-ordination and advise project manager accordingly
• Review Contractor’s mechanical services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Project Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
• Review Contractor’s proposed sub contractor(s) associated with the structural engineering works from a technical standpoint.
• Undertake general project site observation / inspection of the mechanical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, the construction schedule and health & safety.
• Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
• Undertake prior review of Contractor’s proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule
• Witness on-site piped system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing and other testing that may be required during the first fix works and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
• On a spot basis witness mechanical system final testing and commissioning.
• Review and comment on Contractor’s testing and commissioning results and advise Project Manager accordingly
• Prepare on-going list of mechanical services defects for contractor’s remedial action.
• Undertake final project snagging and prepare list of defects for Contractor’s action.
• Attend project, site progress and any mechanical services related technical meetings as directed by the project manager.
• Prepare draft site / engineer’s instructions, relating to the building mechanical services, as required and issue to the Project Manager.
• Provide advice to the Project Manager in regard to any mechanical services related variation costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the course of the works.
• Review and comment upon Contractors Operation and Maintenance manuals
• Bachelors degree in Engineering (BEng) or Masters degree in Engineering (MEng).
• Significant relevant experience on site, ideally on large scale projects in the Middle East.
• Retail and mixed-use experience is highly desirable.
Please send your CV on given email address