A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Estimation Engineer”.
|CSCEC Middle East, Dubai
|Bachelors Degree (Civil Engineering / Equivalent )
|5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required
|5,000 AED – 7,500 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
The Estimator / Cost Engineer position works closely with the Tendering / Commercial Manager to determine the costs associated with the scope of work in a potential tender. He/ she is responsible for preparing cost estimates, completing quantity take-offs, communicating with sub-trades to determine the financial needs of completing a project and organizing bid documentation submission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze drawings, specifications, and other documentation to prepare comprehensive cost estimates.
- Prepare, issue, receive and review supplier and subcontractor proposals and pricing
- Quantity take-off; use Mathematical equations to determine the quantity of material needed by calculating the width, length, depth, and density.
- Providing cost information and developing cost estimates for substrates; unit rate built up
- Coordinates with the tender stakeholder on all changes in scope, questions, or clarifications regarding the work, during the bidding process.
- Assembles bid files including all development information that was utilized in the preparation of the estimates.
- Conduct site inspection for tender understanding, analysis of conditions and assessment of risk, and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in tender documents.
- Deliver bids on time for tenders closing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 years relevant work experience in tower / commercial construction project / Estimation & tendering
- Proficient in MS Office software
- Attention to detail