Drilling Superintendent (Mobile rigs)
A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced “Drilling Superintendent (Mobile rigs).”
- Demonstrates HSSE leadership for the drilling team including regular visits to the site.
- Responsibility for ensuring well operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures compliance with DNO Policies and standards.
- Identifies high-risk situations, documents them, and adopts risk mitigation approach.
- Participates in HSE and non-conformance event investigations and reporting as required.
Planning and Operations
- Continual follow up of operations, assesses and reports physical progress against plan.
- Anticipates operational changes and needs, revises appropriate plans to ensure continued successful operations.
- Discusses program changes with DSV and team.
- Attends / conducts a Pre-Spud Meeting (at the rig site) with all operation staff and involved parties (service company representatives).
- Forecasts and plans to anticipate resources to meet program requirements e.g. forward rig schedule, wellsite readiness, DSV assignment, etc.
- Ensure rig move readiness and optimization of rig move efficiency.
- Follows Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Participates in the selection and evaluation of drilling contractors, service companies, suppliers and equipment.
- Ensures cost control of the program versus AFE.
- Attends the rig as need for critical well site activities e.g. well control events.
- Conducts daily meetings with rig (s).
- Communicates with rig as needed to review operations.
- Ensures proper communication with stakeholders including progress Vs plan.
Training and Development
- Mentors Drilling Supervisors.
- Mentors Drilling Engineers in operations.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 20 years’ experience as Assistant Driller/Driller/Junior Drilling Engineer/Well Site Drilling Engineer/Drilling Supervisor, with a minimum of 10 years as Drilling Supervisor and 5 years as Superintendent.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge and experience working with highly mobile 1000 HP land rigs.
- A valid IWCF Certificate.
- H2S Awareness Training and Certification.
- Safety courses required to carry out work in accordance with company policy and as required by Country law and regulations.
- Demonstrates commitment to HSSE policy and statement and knows and understands expectations as detailed in the HSSE Management System.
- Develops highly positive relationships with both field and office teams.
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills e.g. operational reporting, high visibility, working relationships.
- Looks beyond the obvious in problem solving.
- Applies sound judgement in decision making
- Ensures cost effective use of services and equipment.
- Maintains a strong focus on progress towards achievement of objectives.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in leading others.
The role of Drilling Superintendent reports to Head of Drilling and will be based in Dubai office. The work schedule will be rotational type i.e. 28 days on 28 days off. Please apply with a PDF version of the CV.