A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “IT Specialist”.
|Company Name||Emirates Driving Company, Abu Dhabi|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Field)|
|Experience||4 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||12,000 AED – 14,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Information technology is pivotal in supporting Emirates Driving Company to deliver its strategic, business, and digital agenda and the delivery of its services in a flexible and efficient way. The constantly changing technology landscape and the need to leverage emerging digital technologies and opportunities drive constant business change to meet current and future requirements and to ensure EDC’s IT infrastructure is fit for purpose, resilient, and secure.
The role of ‘IT Infrastructure Specialist’ is multi-faceted, being proactive in ensuring that the EDC IT Infrastructure is secure, protected, and up to date in the face of known and emerging cyber threats and ‘fit for purpose’, contributing to resolution (and avoidance) to issues and problems affecting the IT Infrastructure, performance and availability, undertaking a role within the IT team providing advice, guidance in supports of its IT Infrastructure, On-Premise Data Centre environment and WAN/LAN communication, and contributing to/leading on IT Infrastructure design, implementations and changes.
** Please attach a Cover Letter in the form of a PPT Presentation (Up to 3 Slides) in support of your application. Applications without this will not be considered **
IT Infrastructure Security and Cyber protection
- Ensure the IT Infrastructure, its data, files, and applications are protected against known threats and attacks and reacting to emerging threats to minimize any risk of comprising of the IT Infrastructure.
- Review and make recommendations to provide adequate levels of IT security in line with best industry practice and/or in response to new cyber threats.
Infrastructure Maintenance, Capacity Planning, and Administration
- To lead on proactive and preventative housekeeping of the IT Infrastructure including On-premise & Virtual Data Centre and WAN/LAN connectivity.
- Undertake capacity planning ensuring the IT Infrastructure and Services are fit for purpose and future growth predictions.
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc reports.
IT Infrastructure Design and Architecture
- Research / investigate emerging infrastructure security topics, threats, capabilities, and solution options to create/update policy and governance, technology strategies, solution architecture, and vulnerability assessments.
- Act as / provide internal guidance and advice to all business areas in matters of IT security, governance, and protection.
Incident and Problem Management
- Complete tasks and actions in response to issues, problems, and incidents.
- Act as a ‘point of technical expertise’ supporting IT Service Support Staff in all matters relating to IT Infrastructure, Data Centre, and WAN/LAN.
- Provide project coordination support for all IT Projects.
- Collaborate and support other functions within IT and IT suppliers to ensure new areas of support are taken on effectively and efficiently with appropriate handover.
- Any other duties as requested from time to time by the IT Manager.
- Managing the day-to-day operational support & housekeeping for Server, Storage, or network infrastructures.
- Lead in planning and implementing changes to infrastructure with the goal of enhancing performance.
- Plan out Server installation/Administration and/or upgrade Projects, assign milestone tasks to the concerned and meet company deadlines for full implementation.
- Responsible for disaster recovery testing and restoration of critical services during DR events
- Leverage or build appropriate technical tools to perform administration tasks, root-cause analysis, and service restoration (such as back up, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance monitoring
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the production servers and applications within a team environment
- Resolves Tier 2/3 incidents and requests. Requires on-call availability on team rotation outside of normal business hours
- Establish monitoring for system alerts, develop SOPs for operations center and provide hands-on resolution of incidents.
- Engage in quality control procedures to ensure that systems are efficient and operational
- Develop systems engineering analysis, reports, and associated documentation required for contract deliverables.
- Create a strategy for establishing a secure and well-managed enterprise environment in Azure.
- Utilize native Azure services to meet the firm’s technology and resiliency requirements.
- Drive Identity and access and configuration management, and monitoring strategy for Azure.
- Lead design process for network connectivity to Azure with the assistance of vendors.
- Design and implement data protection options, including HA and BCP protection in Azure.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish new cloud platforms
- Execute implementation plans to deploy Azure infrastructure and move workloads to Azure.
- Establish a Networking environment by installing, configuring, testing, and documenting the equipment/network systems according to the design and specifications.
- Lead the performance of day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability, and serviceability within minimal interruption.
- Manage technical support, respond to work orders and tickets from the users, analyze and solve reported network problems.
- Lead network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware, software, and integration testing, as well as coordinating these activities without disturbing the function of other systems.
- Maintain network performance by executing network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, and troubleshooting network problems.
- Manage the monitoring of the network by conferring with vendors, developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements to be up to date on all new technologies.
- Manage new/rebuild of existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Analyze and Assess Vulnerabilities in the infrastructure, investigates available tools and countermeasures to remedy the detected vulnerabilities, and recommend solutions and best practices.
- Perform Security Monitoring, logs analysis, and forensic analysis, to detect security incidents and mount an incident response.
- Investigate and utilize the latest technologies and processes to enhance security capabilities and implement improvements.
- Manage organization-wide security systems and ensure that architecture principles and technology standards are consistently applied and updated as appropriate.
- Investigate breaches and implement solid plans of incident response, learning from past shortcomings to create ever more robust security protocols
- Conduct testing and deliver insightful reports based on findings
- Management of IT security and IT risk (e.g., data systems, network, and/or web) across the enterprise.
- Develop policies, procedures, and standards that meet existing and newly developed policy and regulatory requirements.
- Promote awareness of applicable regulatory standards, upstream risks, and industry best practices across the Organization.
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them.
- Ensure proactive Monitoring and Mitigation of Cyber-attacks, intrusions, and unusual, unauthorized, or illegal activities.
- Analyze Network Infrastructure and Security Appliances to determine inefficiencies and problems.
- Design and implement new solutions and improve the resilience of the current environment.
- Maximize Network performance by Monitoring, troubleshooting network problems, and outages, scheduling upgrades, and planning for network optimization.
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide-area environments using information from multiple sources
- Secure Network Systems by establishing and enforcing policies by defining and monitoring access control.
- Report Network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Managing project timelines, budgets, and documentation. As a precautionary measure, analyze and implement new security protocols for greater efficiency against any threat or malfunctions.
- Recommend modifications in technical and regulatory areas that affect IT security. Monitoring of web security gateways, perimeter security, network access controls, and endpoint security.
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
- Determining the latest technologies and processes that improve the overall security of the system.
- Participate in the selection of vendors/suppliers as per the procurement policies and procedures and monitor the implementation of service level agreements for the achievement of positive results.
- Maintain relationships/communication with vendors/suppliers to ensure that the most appropriate and efficient equipment/tools/methods/services are used at the optimum cost.
between AED 12000 to 14000 Monthly plus benefits