A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “IT Support Specialist”.
|Company Name||Abu Dhabi University|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree (IT/ Computer Science)|
|Experience||2 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||5,500 AED – 6,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The IMTS department is looking into hiring an IMTS Support Specialist for the Al Ain Campus at Abu Dhabi University. The purpose of this role is to provide IT support to end users for computer hardware, software, other technology equipment, and business-related applications. The Support Specialist serves as the primary contact for all incoming calls and email requests for technical support.
This position documents, tracks, and monitors problems and outages using Helpdesk management software, contributing vital knowledge-base data for statistical study and solutions development. The IMTS Support Specialist trains staff on various computer platforms and software, and performs work with minimum supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
- Analyzing and solve computer application and systems problems for staff, faculty and students.
- Ensure the readiness of all IT facilities such as lecterns, audio systems, projectors and computers in all areas but not limited to lecture room, board room, conference room and offices.
- Providing individual and/or group instruction and training to students, faculty and staff on computer technologies as appropriate.
- Able to support communication services such as video conference systems and IP telephone system.
- Providing a wide range of technical assistance to departmental user support staff.
- Support for queue systems, multifunction printers and digital display.
- Reviewing, evaluating and recommending solutions for hardware and software acquisitions.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment and/or systems and participating in professional development activities as appropriate.
- 2 years of experience as an IT Support Engineer.
- Bachelor in Information Technology or Computer Science or Equivalent.
- Proven work experience as IT Support specialist or similar role.
- Hands-on experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software such as Manage engine.
Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package.