A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, capable, efficient, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant competency, good knowledge, and relevant working experience for the position of “Head of Sharia Audit”.
↓ ↓ APPLY NOW ↓ ↓
|Company Name||Amlak Finance PJSC|
Job Requirements and Benefits:-
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree | CIA | CISA | CFE|
|Experience||15 – 18 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||32,000 AED — 35,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Part Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||100 – 500 Employees|
|Benefits||Medical Insurance | Performance-based Increments|
About the job
PLEASE READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND CRITERIA BEFORE YOU APPLY. DUE TO HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICANTS ONLY SHORTLISTED PROFILES WILL BE CONTACTED.
- Develop and direct the implementation of the Islamic Sharia audit strategy, ensuring alignment to the Group strategy, vision, mission and corporate objectives.
- Ensure that functional strategy and related strategic plans are developed and implemented, which are aligned with the vision and mission of the Group.
- Develop an Internal Shariah Audit manual and update regularly.
- Ensure the provision of subject matter expertise for the assigned domain and provide counsel to the relevant Group Heads and function heads on all related areas to facilitate the achievement of the Group’s strategy and functional strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of functional objectives through effective leadership and by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating team to maximize performance.
- Act as a role model and drive adherence to organizational values and ethics by employees of the assigned functions to ensure the establishment of a value driven culture within the Group.
- Review audit reports drafted by the Islamic Sharia auditors to ensure they are comprehensive and accurate in their key observations and findings, address the main audit and Sharia concerns and provide value added recommendations for improvements.
- Lead the Islamic Sharia audit team in ensuring that an annual plan is prepared that collects and assesses evidence of the Group’s activities and transactions to ensure compliance with Islamic Shariah as well as adequacy of internal procedures and Shariah Governance Framework.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the Islamic Sharia audit functional policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls, so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
- Monitor the implementation of the Islamic Sharia audit programs and ensure required support to the audit team to carry out audit exercises for the various functions so that non-compliances, violations and fraudulent business activities can be detected, reported and investigated in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure regular coordination with internal and external parties (e.g., Regulatory, Legal, and External Auditors).
- Lead the management of change through continuous improvement of functional systems, processes and practices taking into account Sharia standards, global standards and changes in the regulatory / business environment which demand proactive action plans.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of key regulatory developments, including but not limited to Islamic Shariah, across different jurisdictions relevant to Amlak; drive necessary changes in Audit plan/working programs to take into consideration regulatory changes; act as a trusted advisor to business, support and control functions in the areas of Islamic Shariah.
- Evaluate and review the product structuring, policies and procedures in the overall bank operations as well as review the Sharia Audit Process.
- Reviewing legal documentations and legal contracts related to different products and departments in the bank.
- Provide daily Sharia consultation to senior management and various banks departments.
- Support the Business training department for the training courses relating to Islamic banking.
- Offering training courses in Islamic banking for the bank’s staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree in Islamic Sharia or relevant specialization.
- Professional Certificate of Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions.
- Professional audit certificate such as CIA, CISA, CFE and CSAA is preferable.
- Minimum 15 – 20 years’ experience in the field of Sharia Audit.
- Sufficient experience in Shariah Audit and Shariah review of Islamic banking products.
- Experienced in performing research and publishing Islamic finance papers in established journals.
- Experience in managing relationship with Shariah Scholars and regulators.
- Candidate must possess good proposal/report writing skills in Arabic and English.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Customer focus
- Communication Teamwork
- Process orientation / results driven
Please share your resume on the below given details
↓ ↓ APPLY NOW ↓ ↓