A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, capable, efficient, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant competency, good knowledge, and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Associate – External Audit”.
↓ ↓ APPLY NOW ↓ ↓
|Company Name||Grant Thornton|
Job Requirements and Benefits:-
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree|
|Experience||2 – 3 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||7,000 AED – 9,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Part Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||100 – 500 Employees|
|Benefits||Medical Insurance | Performance-based Increments|
About the job
Here. You can widen your opportunities.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
We provide a wide range of audit and assurance services to private, public and international companies across various sectors. We work closely with consultatively with over 700 firms annually, ranging from listed companies to Small Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) companies. The client base is exciting and fast growing. Our people are committed to delivering best-in-class assurance services in locations where you are. We respond to the challenges of our clients with high quality, value for money technical solutions every time.
As a PCAOB Specialist Senior Associate at Grant Thornton UAE, you will play a crucial role in supporting and assisting with audits for our clients falling under the jurisdiction of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB). You will contribute to the successful delivery of high-quality audit services, working closely with the audit team.
What will I be responsible for?
- Provide support in executing PCAOB audits for our clients, ensuring compliance with PCAOB standards, rules, and regulations
- Assist in maintaining compliance with relevant PCAOB requirements, including independence, ethics, auditing standards, and quality control procedures
- Collaborate with the audit team to foster strong client relationships, addressing client inquiries and providing assistance on PCAOB-related matters as needed
- Assist in the planning and execution of audit engagements, including the preparation of workpapers, financial statements, and audit documentation in accordance with PCAOB standards
- Assist in evaluating client-specific risks, internal control systems, and audit risks associated with PCAOB engagements, contributing to the development of strategies to mitigate risks and evaluate internal controls
- Continuously enhance your technical skills and knowledge through on-the-job training and professional development opportunities, building expertise in PCAOB audits and relevant industry practices
- Identify opportunities to enhance audit methodologies, tools, and procedures, leveraging best practices and emerging industry trends specific to PCAOB audits
- Stay informed about changes in PCAOB regulations, auditing standards, and other regulatory developments, ensuring compliance with the latest requirements and assisting in communicating relevant updates to the audit team
What do I need for success?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Completion of or progress towards a professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, or equivalent is essential
- 2-4 years of experience in audit, preferably with exposure to PCAOB audits or working with clients under PCAOB regulations
- Familiarity with PCAOB standards, rules, and regulations. Awareness of SEC reporting requirements for public companies is advantageous
- Proficiency in auditing techniques, risk assessment, internal control evaluation, and financial reporting frameworks. Willingness to learn and develop expertise in PCAOB auditing standards
- Broad experience across a range of industries
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to effectively collaborate with team members and convey information clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills, enabling the identification and resolution of basic audit issues and the ability to contribute to practical recommendations
- Ability to work effectively within a team, supporting colleagues and collaborating to achieve shared goals
- Enthusiasm for continuous professional development, keeping abreast of changes in auditing standards, regulations, and emerging trends related to PCAOB audits
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments across our global network of member firms.
Becoming a collaborative community
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a collaborative community. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
↓ ↓ SEND RESUME ↓ ↓