A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Accountant”.
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters | ACCA | CA|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
About the job
Job Requisition ID: 152994
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced finance professional to join our Finance Shared Service Center in the capacity of Senior Accountant – R2R.
Overview Of The Role
To protect the health of the company’s balance sheet by ensuring thorough review of every balance sheet GL account and testing it through a substantiation process. Ensure accurate, reliable, and timely book closure every month. Support the audit process. Actively engage with stakeholders to drive ‘good health’ of the balance sheet in compliance with IFRS/IAS and the Al Futtaim Group (AFG) policies.
What You Will Do
General Ledger reconciliations
- Prepare GL schedules (reconciliations) monthly.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to gather information to ensure meaningful reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Provide actionable insights through schedules to pre-empt issues and take timely action to drive resolution of issues.
- Review trends, identify patterns & opportunities to strengthen controls.
- Standardize schedules and follow a quality review process.
- Engage with business unit finance teams to discuss findings from GL schedules.
- Follow IFRS/IAS and AFG policies in the accounting process
Monthly / Yearly books closing
- Post accounting entries based on agreed principles and guidelines.
- Review recurring provision, accruals of expenses and amortization.
- Identify gaps in provisions and accruals
- Validate amortization and provision entries.
- Identify and post accounting entries that require reclassification. Post reclassification entries, cost allocations and any other entries required as per standard checklist.
- Ensure timely support in preparation of financials and take ownership for delivery.
- Follow checklists and ensure compliance.
- Identify gaps in checklist and report new entries/edits to line manager.
- Provide necessary support in weekly stock forecast, posting necessary adjustment entries related to inventory as per agreed guidelines. Post month end stock provision entries based on reports and facilitate comprehensive review.
- Submit relevant accounting information/data monthly, to facilitate AFG consolidation using the Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) tool.
- Co-ordinate with external auditors and ensure timely submission of documentation and information
Intercompany Accounts Monitoring
- Review related party accounts and identify mismatches.
- Produce actionable insights and share with stake holders.
- Engage with business unit finance teams to drive resolutions.
Required Skills To Be Successful
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices in compliance with IFRS/IAS
- Very good understanding of what it takes to prepare financial statements and the ultimate impact of accounting on the income statement, statement of cash flow, and the statement of financial position.
- Sound knowledge of taxation laws in the GCC and SEA
- Critical thinking with an eye for details to identify patterns and a problem-solving attitude is essential to deliver meaningful and actionable insights.
- Ability to analyse financial data using variety tools, including but not limited to MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a minimum to achieve result-oriented engagement with stakeholders at different levels within the organisation
- Manage competing priorities with good organisational and time management skills
What Equips You For The Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/accounting or equivalent, professional qualification in finance i.e. ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years of similar experience, with a good knowledge of SAP ERP system
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.